Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (1 Viewer)

Dunno if this plays because it's a facebook video. Planes loading water in the gold coast to fight the fires near estepona - I cycled these mountains a few years back and its MAD seeing them in flames.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So there have been a couple of media reports - and it's all over social media as a result - that the metro had been delayed again with roads being added to the NDP. If this pans out, it'll destroy the green party. Again.

I can never decide if removing the GP totally and leaving the majority two to face up to the Paris Accord, or doubling the size of the GP to give them an actual active votes in the dail would be better.

Looks kinda more like FF gamesmanship though - they've spent a whole week looking like shit because they are, then CMartin with her near impossible brief came out looking good over culture night stuff and they needed to take a swing at someone. Call me cycnical but the concept of the ER charging into a planning meeting for a train demanding more roads and more delays seems sorta outlandish, compared to say, auto lobby middle of the road FF types slinking into the golfclub demanding shit be delayed because they want to do shovel photo op.

But will it destroy the green party, possibly, i realy lots of commentary (yes, the bottom half of the internet stuff) on these kinda things and opinions of the GP have not really tracked with what they've actually achieved.

Also noteable that FFG both have ministers still talking like opposition - 'when are x / y / z going to do a / b / c' type rhetorics floating around. Babes, you are in the govt.

Was kinda thinking about this lastnight - was wondering with the water temps are we actually looking at storms that just last for weeks - like the way it averages 80kph in the artic in wind speeds. I mean like why not, the weather doesn't give a fuck.

Hoping for some warm rain or Icey dagger like rain?

will it destroy the green party, possibly, i realy lots of commentary (yes, the bottom half of the internet stuff) on these kinda things and opinions of the GP have not really tracked with what they've actually achieved.
They're not being judged on their achievements, they're being judged on their virtuousness. Most people seem to vote based on feelings of "IT'S NOT FAIR" - normal people want things to be "fair" for themselves, do-gooders want things to be "fair" for everyone else

They're not being judged on their achievements, they're being judged on their virtuousness. Most people seem to vote based on feelings of "IT'S NOT FAIR" - normal people want things to be "fair" for themselves, do-gooders want things to be "fair" for everyone else

Yeah I can see that angle, don't really have any counter for it other than it's interesting. Whats your thoughts on them getting completely and utterly obliterated, like literally leaving not one single trace in the dail to throw the changing planet blame on?

well, in the last election FG mentioned that one way they'd tackle biodiversity loss would be by putting beehives in public parks. so either they didn't ask someone who knew the most basic things about biodiversity to put together their policy, or whoever did do it decided to troll them.

I'd written down the reading i was doing on the forthcoming electricty wars this xmas and my sketchy connection ate the post.
TLDR
expected deficity is 800MW.
Two power stations likely to go back online to cover that.
meanwhile.
Current load from data centres is about 900MW.

So when you see the spin that wind farms aren't working, that's the oil and gas lobby deflecting flak from their new best friends, big data.

And for the record, the most electricity Ireland ever used in a day is 5300MW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back