Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (2 Viewers)

GeraldKelleher said:
It is dismaying that after the recent modeling adventure of 'herd immunity without a vaccine' that people still find it difficult to question how experimental theorists go about their business of observations-experiments -predictions. More responsible people can accept the actual perceptions they use hundreds of time each day with observations-interpretation-conclusion - everything from driving a car to choosing what to eat and where to go.

Ireland has a wonderful maritime climate that isn't going to change due to the Atlantic, the near continent to the East, the gulf stream, the jetstream and all the other influences that make it a pleasant climate. Suddenly the geographical component became sidelined so a bunch of academics could play simulations with the Earth's temperature based on 'greenhouse earth'.

They were just following the so-called 'scientific method' which is a subculture based on experiments and predictions with a tragic ground zero in astronomy -

"Rule III. The qualities of bodies which are found to belong to all bodies within the reach of our experiments, are to be esteemed the universal qualities of all bodies whatsoever." Newton

People here discuss mitigation factors that exist only in computer generated hallucinations and there is something really wrong with these type of cheerleaders whether intellectual slobs or simply misguided.

Earth Overshoot Day was Aug 22 this year.
Last year was June 29th (a particularly bad year).
Last comparable year to this year was around 2005.
Almost stopping the western world for 3 months bought us 54 days.
We need 185.

BirthStrike are ending their campaign. Mainly it seems because it has been difficult to unlink it from the broader group of people worried about overpopulation, many of whom have hijacked it as a form of climate denial.

I kinda think that whole birthstrike/ anti climate remaining childless thing is idiotic. If you are concerned about the climate don't leave everyone who doesn't give the slighttest fuck about it to populate the whole planet for the next generation like.

Dublin Jackeens won't let the people of Kerry cut down trees.

I just hope nobody outside of Ireland every discovers the Healy Raes. We have spent years trying to change the stupid paddy image. These pair would undo all that.

Have I researched this? No.

Do I suspect that the very same forestry was planted with wild abandon to any environmental concern as a cash crop and if the proper consideration for the environment that people were asking them to take at the time of planting was taken into consideration then there wouldn't be room for objection in the present day and that in very basic terms we need to triple out tree cover? Yes.

Too tired to research this one, usually I would...

''Yeah the Earth's already dead, so stop your crying

the Earth was already fucking dead
there was no fucking tears here shed
we're glad we are all gonna die
so in the meantime let's get high
and wait for that tragic moment
when the Earth's blown out of it's orbit
suck shit family, you're kids are fucked
they'll get no time to fucking grow up

yeah, the Earth's already dead, so stop your crying"

this song was released in 1993.
they had another similar themed song 'Keep Dreaming' which was even crueler.

that it was so tragically obvious we would end up where we are now
since the 1980's shows we never really had a chance.

I used to get depressed about climate change as a teen -
decades later I have no idea how the youth cope with this stuff now.

Rolling blackouts in Texas.

Apparently part of this is an infrastructure issue. Texas, because it's Texas, has it's own power grid that isn't connected to the rest of the US national grid so that they aren't subject to federal regulations.

Apparently part of this is an infrastructure issue. Texas, because it's Texas, has it's own power grid that isn't connected to the rest of the US national grid so that they aren't subject to federal regulations.
Yeah but freedom.

Half of my team in work are in Texas, they don't know what's going on. I do hope none of them freeze to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back