Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (4 Viewers)

Also, in terms of work trips, Ive been really lucky and gotten to go to nice euro spots as well as Montreal this year, which was SUCH a good trip. The only othe rplace in the US I get to visit is backarsenowehere Virginia, which I'd rather not.

Austin seems nice, obviously I only saw a tiny bit of it and was mostly doing dull work stuff. Dallas has to be the blandest city i've ever seen, it has NOTHING.

I usually get pretty depressed in the USA tbh, their absolute hatred for the homeless and anyone poor always upsets me.

The jetlag hardly helps

As the US goes (which I am largely not a fan of, in today's huge wide sweeping statement), I like Seattle a lot. Its a very chill, Dublin-like city, and there's some good food and a great market. I'd love to extend one of my trips for some hiking though, because OUTSIDE the city, Washington is gorgeous. It's my 6th time here in 2 years though, so it's getting old (firstworldproblems, spoiledbitch)
Great market? Doesn't sound very Dublin-like

The more time I spend with actual Americans when I'm in the US (for work) the more depressed I am when I come home
Why's that now? Pick up your family and move to the States, maybe your company will sponsor you.

Americans also really stress me out, and the food (in a VERY general sense) is gross and sugary. I don't like going at all, unless its somewhere I've never been and then its just the novelty of exploring.

It's been a while since i read it but I believe Naomi Klein's This Changes Everything has a chapter devoted to the fossil fuel companies figuring out that they were damaging/changing the climate in the 80s and deciding on the best way to a) get people to look the other way and b) profit from it.

There was a tome in the NYT on that topic that brought the awareness in the fossil industry back to the mid sixties. took me two full evenings sitting at the bar to read it.

There was a tome in the NYT on that topic that brought the awareness in the fossil industry back to the mid sixties. took me two full evenings sitting at the bar to read it.
the mid sixties?? wow, do you have a link?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back