Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (3 Viewers)

Aye but culture night is supposed to be about walking about in the rain drinking cans and missing things. This weather is going to ruin it.

Oh yeah I was there, good crowd, nice to see :)

Anyway came here to post this, poor old Greta, taking on America like that

I spent 5 seconds looking at conservative twitter and yeah, they don't care, they have endless dubious links you could spend the rest of your life factchecking to back up whatever it takes to keep them in power.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(came across this when I checked out the twitter page of the lad calling Greta a Nazi)

Last edited:
I don't understand what climate-change-sceptics think the IPCC's agenda is. Like, I can understand how you'd make money out of oil, and therefore want to ignore climate change ... but if you don't believe it, and you think there's a conspiracy, then what's the motivation for that conspiracy? Who could possibly be gaining anything from it? I know nowadays solar/wind/electric gets govt subsidies, but that's all relatively new, and the IPCC has been going since the 80s

Never mind that some of the info stems back to research from the oil industry in the 60s. I guess we are in the realm of cognitive dissonance or something where its easier to build a counter argument that stalls acceptance than it is to step into the consequences. We are all kids in adult suits afterall.

Leo really is a turd. How can he stand up there in front of the UN and keep a straight face when he's actively blocking the KeepItInTheGround bill. Even his half-assed promises are lies
i was watching the news on friday thinking 'could his handlers *really* not have contacted the knock airport people and asked them to move the runway reopening by a couple of days?'
that was so ham fisted, given the timing, as to suggest complete ignorance of how it would look.

He's paying a lot of Money to people to make sure he looks completely out of touch. Maybe he paid them enough to stop giving a fuck about what they do and drift out of reality. Another possibility is that their internal election predictions are telling them there is still more purchase in light greenwashing than there is in telling thier sports utility voters that they've spent 40 grand on junk.

Delayed, but I made it to the march in Seattle while I was there (irony of ironies, there on a work trip for the man, totalling 18 flying hours for a fucking week, but listen), and it was so heartening.

Delayed, but I made it to the march in Seattle while I was there (irony of ironies, there on a work trip for the man, totalling 18 flying hours for a fucking week, but listen), and it was so heartening.
How was Seattle? I've managed to scam my company into bringing me to Phoenix, Austin and Dallas. I think I might get California out of them next year.

How was Seattle? I've managed to scam my company into bringing me to Phoenix, Austin and Dallas. I think I might get California out of them next year.

As the US goes (which I am largely not a fan of, in today's huge wide sweeping statement), I like Seattle a lot. Its a very chill, Dublin-like city, and there's some good food and a great market. I'd love to extend one of my trips for some hiking though, because OUTSIDE the city, Washington is gorgeous. It's my 6th time here in 2 years though, so it's getting old (firstworldproblems, spoiledbitch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back