Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (2 Viewers)

half* the uplands in ireland seem to have sheep on them. wool ain't worth shit, and neither is mutton. how much lamb do we produce, and is it worth the opportunity cost of having much of the country covered in glorious woodland?
that's a question in search of a predetermined answer.

*a guess

half* the uplands in ireland seem to have sheep on them. wool ain't worth shit, and neither is mutton. how much lamb do we produce, and is it worth the opportunity cost of having much of the country covered in glorious woodland?
that's a question in search of a predetermined answer.

*a guess

If your hobby was knitting rather than wood turning you might be taking a different view :)

I guess it’s traditionally been a means of getting income from relatively marginal land. You could look to pay the farmers to mind trees instead of sheep?
I’d say the natural state of a lot of uplands would be heath rather than forest though

I've seen people saying online before that pine island in Connemara is what Ireland actually would look like without grazing. So far as I remember scots pine are native, or a variant are.

iStock_73032221_XXXLARGE.jpg

You'd be surprised where trees can grow. There are native scots pine - thought to have become extinct a couple of hundred years ago, but a stand of them was found in Clare.

You'd be surprised where trees can grow. There are native scots pine - thought to have become extinct a couple of hundred years ago, but a stand of them was found in Clare.

Further reading on this just landed in my TL

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's only one solution!!

Funny thing happening, some of the more unhinged Spiked Online adjacent accounts I follow were posting this video a fair bit last week (I find the so-called secrets unveiled here fairly mundane, wow a news channel is going to have a direction, God forbid)

But that very same week I never once came across any of the news of the massive flooding happening across America right now

Now, OBVIOUSLY it has been covered if you go looking (as I just did) but i didn't see any headlines or feeds pushing this ongoing disaster naturally.

Just a funny convergence of people calling out a supposed climate conspiracy theory that I did see while the actual climate news never made my timeline

Aren't markets just FASCINATING?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back