Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (1 Viewer)

They’re saying we can fit 6 panels 100% south facing, generating 1900kwh a year. I reckon we’d get at least 9 or 10, maybe not all optimally positioned, but the extras would still work for half the day. More thinking needed.
i forgot to ask how much that installation would cost?

As we get more wind than sun,
This might be a better option whenever it comes out

The PowerPod is still in its very early stages of development and is still yet to hit proof of concept.

Goddam.

You'd wonder about the noise from them but hell, sign me up. The wind around here, whack a bunch of them down on the far field and i'll be covered for half the year.

The PowerPod is still in its very early stages of development and is still yet to hit proof of concept.

Goddam.

You'd wonder about the noise from them but hell, sign me up. The wind around here, whack a bunch of them down on the far field and i'll be covered for half the year.
i'd be able to lash at least half a dozen of them on the roof of the garage here, if the claims are true.
i guess they'd be more consistent over the course of a 24 hour period than solar would be, less seasonal, but still quite peaky.

unfortunately, that one mentioned above is pretty much the first example given in this video when he starts laying out the warning signs of BS:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

unfortunately, that one mentioned above is pretty much the first example given in this video when he starts laying out the warning signs of BS:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great video! Be fantastic to see them lose their minds when Elon Musk starts doing Tesla Turbines, breaks all the rules and brings completely inefficient branded turbines to market and still wins.

Great video! Be fantastic to see them lose their minds when Elon Musk starts doing Tesla Turbines, breaks all the rules and brings completely inefficient branded turbines to market and still wins.

ACTUALLY.

I saw a video about the tesla motors recently and a bit about why they are getting better numbers from them than what was on the market.

TLDR

Two general types of motor/manget layout on the market.
Tesla motor is combination of both.
So he already has a half developed turbine thats an advancement and a ton of data to mess with.

Obvs some intern probably designed it but it's not a massive engineering jumpe when he's got all the infrastructure kinda half in.

when you say better numbers - better efficiency in terms of the amount of distance covered per kW, better in terms of power output per size of motor...?

when you say better numbers - better efficiency in terms of the amount of distance covered per kW, better in terms of power output per size of motor...?

I can't remember, it was one of the weber auto videos which are great but impossible to quickly scan for info. Though considering the pretty level torque outputs for electric motors it'd probably translate as distance if you tune the computer right

ACTUALLY.

I saw a video about the tesla motors recently and a bit about why they are getting better numbers from them than what was on the market.

TLDR

Two general types of motor/manget layout on the market.
Tesla motor is combination of both.
So he already has a half developed turbine thats an advancement and a ton of data to mess with.

Obvs some intern probably designed it but it's not a massive engineering jumpe when he's got all the infrastructure kinda half in.
Actually nothing. No doubt they have the absolute latest tech, its also hugely untested, unreliable and they spend millions hiding the accidents that happen, not to mention the rumours of massive parking lots of unsold Teslas they use to bump up their numbers (may be bullshit but we'll see). Buy a Tesla and it'll lock you in with no escape as it burns around you. This is the thing they were parodying in Don't Look Up IF YOU RECALL.

He's lucked into bypassing the supply chain issues because Tesla stock price is directly linked to his ego and he brought it all in house, fair play, it'll give him that one.

He makes luxury products like Steve Jobs did, this is a decent way of getting the Top Gear dads on board for sure, but it's not going to solve anything climate related at a worldwide scale.

Last edited:
Yeah, duh.

The junk merchant does not sell his product to the consumer. He sells the consumer to his product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back