Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (2 Viewers)

yeah, it seems to be a long winded way of saying carbon taxes are nothing more than punitive if they're not actually persuading/able to persuade people to less carbon intensive solutions.

@ernesto you might be allowed your solar panels soon

The Green Party has welcomed Minister Eamon Ryan’s announcement of two new schemes that will support households and communities to play their part in climate action by paying them for electricity that they export to the national grid.

The Clean Export Guarantee will allow households and communities with small installations of solar panels to be paid a competitive market rate for electricity that they export to the grid. The Clean Export Premium guarantees a payment rate for the next 15 years for medium sized generators such as solar panels on community centres and farm buildings.

wasn't there a concern that with the introduction of being paid to backfeed (at a rumoured one third of market rates!) that grants may be scaled back?

would be curious how you get on. we've a south facing part of the roof and i'm mulling over getting panels installed, but we need the whole house rewired and i reckon that comes first.

would be curious how you get on. we've a south facing part of the roof and i'm mulling over getting panels installed, but we need the whole house rewired and i reckon that comes first.

I've a mate who did one side of a bunglaw, he's about 15-30 degrees off being south. He said in summer it essentially flattened the bill, and in that heatwave he did minus units over three weeks. 3 in the house, one working from home, two retiries.

I'm looking at gettin thermal solar panels on the house first this summer to replace our kerosene central heating.
Then get them to have a look at possibly putting voltaic solar panels/ battery on the garage when they're here.
I might have to dig a massive trench for huge cabling but it will be worth it

we've a single story garage with a flat roof, but another house immediately to the south, so i need to figure out how much that'd shade the roof of our garage during the winter months, as it could be an option to mount panels. or even to put a sedum garden on.

They’re saying we can fit 6 panels 100% south facing, generating 1900kwh a year. I reckon we’d get at least 9 or 10, maybe not all optimally positioned, but the extras would still work for half the day. More thinking needed.

according to boards, the ballpark quote you'd usually expect is
"a rule of thumb of €1k per 1Kwp + €1k per 2.5Kwhr battery, including VAT, after grant deducted. This is not a precise rule and quotes are often more, with some slightly less."

1kWh of electricity is about 20c, isn't it? the quoted 1900kWh would be about €380 worth per year, not exactly stellar?

1kWh of electricity is about 20c, isn't it? the quoted 1900kWh would be about €380 worth per year, not exactly stellar?

It's not. At present greening is sorta bling for people who can call fitting costs spare cash.

Do bear in mind
The cost of energy never goes down.
We literally had to subsidise it this year.

So having that trickle mid blackout might be pretty class in 5 years.

20.5c + 13.5% vat yeah. Can’t see power prices falling any time soon and panels should(!) last 20 years… we did about 9,500kwh last year so it’s a small dent, which is why I’d be want to put as many panels as possible up there.

@ernesto do you know how modular all this is, like is it realistic to expand a system every year or two?
I think it’s very realistic if you have the space. The PV panels are the cheapest part it’s the rest of the gear that needs to be able to handle the total output. Also, getting a man in costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back