Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (2 Viewers)

it's like covid but slower and bigger.

pretty much. You can look at the data and see that more often than not this year's heat index is higher than the previous year, and the temp anomaly is higher than the previous year. Each year it gets a little bit worse, each year it's ignored, each year the billionaires buy more bits of Patagonia / New Zealand and so on.

At a certain point the wheels fall off, and the billionaires have to skedaddle.

Canada's about to go on fire.

Did a few hours reading on that yesterday. That villiage that got 90% destroyed is 300km difference latitude to Galway. The geography is playing a part in that the valleys were dry to start with, and the heat is just condensing in the bottoms of them, so the same effect would be less likely to happen in Ireland, however - 100% increase in deaths.

Did a few hours reading on that yesterday. That villiage that got 90% destroyed is 300km difference latitude to Galway. The geography is playing a part in that the valleys were dry to start with, and the heat is just condensing in the bottoms of them, so the same effect would be less likely to happen in Ireland, however - 100% increase in deaths.
oh fuck, places are going on fire?

fuck sake. Yeah.

This shit happens like clockwork in California. I'm on skype calls with people talking about ash falling on things, or crazy coloured sunsets and so on. Upsetting. Canada was always going to end up there.

absolutely awful, but this town looks like it was made of matchsticks

Yeah

was doing some maps diving on it and possible two museums were taken out, one local / industrial history and the other that told the story of the chinese people who settled there. I think because i presume canada is basically the same as ireland because of latitude, language and begrudgery towards brits and americans it resonates more. Oh and the speak a bit of Irish

that was a bit curious. if the pipeline is leaking, surely it's better to fix the pipeline and let the gas burn? better to burn it than to let the methane escape unhindered?

Just so I've written it somewhere

update on previous

The canadian wildfires and the unprecedented german floods both happen within 150km north or south latitude from Galway. I am aware of the searing heat out side but also, unlikely extreme weather event likelyhood increasing post.

I've pretty much given up hope.

Real action will finally be taken in a few years I'm sure, maybe a decade, depending on shifting demographics but it'll be too late. It seems to be entirely down to age demographics in a way that's completely without precedent.

my manager was telling me all his neighbours (in germany) have bought A/C units. so the worse the climate gets, the more we'll need to generate electricity to cool peoples houses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back