Ciao Trap. Next. (1 Viewer)

daniel-bryan-no-o.gif

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAVENS!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK FOOTBALL!!

Absolutely delighted.

Good thing is, if it does go pear-shaped or stale, the two lads will walk away at the drop of a hat. Win-win.

(Or, lose-win, as the case may be.)

The 10 month delay til the first qualifier is one of my main issues with it.. We have O'Neill, who would probably prefer to be doing a Premier League job, and Keane, who hasn't exactly shown tremendous patience in previous managerial roles.. We could be looking to replace one or both before next September even comes around. If they stick around til then the FAI will have spunked out a million euro or so just to retain their services for half a dozen friendlies.

This doesn't mean I'm not fascinated to see what will happen against Latvia in a week and a half..

Can't we come up with a better musical metaphor for this appointment?

If the Charlton era was Sabbath, this is like a Dio record. Holy Diver maybe?
Charlton lacks Sabbath's intricacy. He's Mott the Hoople. Keane and MON are Oates and Garfunkle.

We have O'Neill, who would probably prefer to be doing a Premier League job, and Keane, who hasn't exactly shown tremendous patience in previous managerial roles.. We could be looking to replace one or both before next September even comes around. ..

I wouldn't see it like that. O'Neill was looking at the PL for another stab, and maybe then international management, but now that he has taken it on, he's looking at this for the long term.
Keane has shown a lot of humility in taking on the assistant role. He is willing to learn, which is a first for him it would appear, and O'Neill obviously knows better than any of us what Keane has to offer and how to deal with him, so let's see and not pretend to know better.
I for one am intrigued and right behind them.

I was in college and sitting at home listening to rte radio 1 when O'Neill gave his speech on Irishness at the behest of President McAleese. And he's sound. Up Ireland.

On the other hand, no competitive games for a year means we can take the time to change the way we play without having to worry about dropping qualification points.
Rebuild morale and team spirit, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back