Chromebook (1 Viewer)

Reets

Supporter
Solutions
I've been using my phone for everything for the past year and have finally admitted that I need a laptop/tablet.
It'll just be for emails, watching netflix and the very occasional document.
Does anyone use a chromebook, or know if they're any use?

I'm posting from one right now, they're deadly. I was in the market for something like your were after. Just browsing, typing document/emails and watching videos, that kind of thing. I've had the Acer C7 since Christmas 2012 which I think has been replaced by the C720 (better battery life & SSD hard drive). As longs as you know you're not gonna need iTunes or whatever then it's such a handy machine. I knew I wouldn't have been able to handle typing/browsing on a tablet so it's perfect for that.

Do you misses having a disc drive?
I don't think I've used one in ages, but it's always nice to have the option.

The HP one is a 14" and that sounds like a decent enough size.

Nope, haven't needed anything that requires a disc drive in ages. I have a desktop if I've really needed one (maybe for ripping music) but even then I can't remember the last time I opened it.

What if someone sends you a Word document?

Can you open it on a Chromebook?

Yup. There's an inbuilt plugin that opens all documents in Google Docs automatically. You don't need to be onine for it either. It saves the edits to the file itself too, not on Google Drive.

The file support is pretty good, I can play pretty much any video file (except things with weird audio tracks), most music files (again, excluding the weird ones) and all documents. You can zip/unzip and unrar files to your hearts content too.

Whats the battery life like on her there petey boy?..edit ..I see

And can you torrent like a bad motherfucker from 2007 on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back