Christmas FM Christmas Song Contest (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Christmas FM Launches 2010 Irish Christmas Song Contest

Appeal to Irish songwriters to craft a cracker of a Christmas song in aid of Barnardos

Christmas FM, Ireland’s only dedicated Christmas radio station, today announced the return of its annual nationwide competition to discover the next great Irish Christmas song. The charity radio station, which aims to raise €100,000 for Barnardos this year, has launched an appeal to Irish bands and songwriters to write a yuletide masterpiece that could appear on the station’s playlist alongside a host of classic Christmas themed hits.

“We are delighted to announce the return of our Christmas Song contest for 2010. The contest proved hugely popular with songwriters and Christmas FM listeners alike in 2009, with over 100 musicians submitting entries. We have a wealth of songwriting talent in Ireland, as evident by the high standard of entries for last year’s contest. We’re hoping that this Christmas, Irish musicians will come up trumps once again and support Barnardos by crafting a cracker of a song!”, said Walter Hegarty, Technical Director for Christmas FM.

In 2009, Christmas FM’s song contest attracted over 100 original entries and thousands of listener SMS text and website votes. The winning entry, ‘This Christmas’ by Kildare band Funzo, proved a huge hit with Christmas FM listeners, with the six piece band racing to victory with 40% of the listener vote.

Irish artists are asked to submit their Christmas compositions online in mp3 format, through the Christmas FM website at www.christmasfm.ie. The closing date for entries is Sunday 28th November. A panel of Irish music industry experts will review all entries before the final shortlist is announced and playlisted by Christmas FM during the second week of broadcast in early December. The winner will be chosen by Christmas FM listeners, with proceeds from SMS text votes going to Barnardos.

The overall winner of the contest will be given the opportunity to professionally record the song, receive €500 in vouchers and will be playlisted on Christmas FM for the duration of broadcast. The winning entry will also be released online as a charity Christmas single with all proceeds being donated to Barnardos.

On air 24 hours a day from late November to the end of December, Christmas FM will return in an expanded format this year, broadcasting throughout Dublin and Cork and for the first time Galway, Limerick and the South East. The charity station hopes to raise over €100,000 for Barnardos, its dedicated charity partner for 2010. Christmas FM is proudly supported by the EBS Building Society and the Irish Daily Mail.

For more details on Christmas FM and the Christmas FM Song Contest please visit www.christmasfm.ie

Surely one of you jerks is capable of writing a festive tune?

edit: it's like a christmas miracle

[sc]http://soundcloud.com/gary_keogh/christmastime-in-dublin-town-mas-v2[/sc]

I say we do a thumped collaboration on the lyrics...a bit like the collective story zine....someone starts with a line,the next person sees that and does a line,then the next see's only the preceding line and does a line etc...

I'd say it would rock.

Lets give it a bash,I havent worked out the logistics yet..hmm hang on..maybe do it via pm's......

I've got it....Someone writes the first line...sends it on to no.2 and Pete...no.2 writes their line and sends that to pete and no.3 etc.....HEY PRESTO..A possibly hilarious take on the yuletide popper!

Edit..then Pete lash's it up on its own thread and everyone can have a bash at putting a tune to it!!!!

C'MON!!!!

I've been thinking about this constantly. I'm more than happy to contribute to a communal song but I have the bones of an amazing idea that I'll have to go it alone with.

I see that the winning song will be a charity single. I wonder how that will work with the songwriters radio play royalties?
I want to write the new 'merry Christmas everybody' and wait for my yearly cheques.

Right thats 3 of of us..I'll get working on the first line now so..I suppose we'll just have to volunteer contributers ourselves when we get our line done..

Anto,you do what you have to vis a vis yer own Chrimbo cracker,but its good to have you on board this crazy train.
your name will dafo add a bit of credibility to the project!...

I'm gonna have a boiled egg and write the first line so!

was that what your PM was? ah jesus send it to someone with talent.

No man,you are the repository for the lines,Theodore is next up.Diyou not read me idea...

Jazes Pete get with the fucking yuletide program already!

Correct..and the at the end Pete can post all the lines up and we make a song out of it..SIMPLE!

I'm an atheist and no part of me believes that anything to do with multinational companies importing a million tons of useless plastic into the country which will all be in landfill by mid june is anything to celebrate. If someone can make that rhyme, i'm in.

I'm an atheist and no part of me believes that anything to do with multinational companies importing a million tons of useless plastic into the country which will all be in landfill by mid june is anything to celebrate. If someone can make that rhyme, i'm in.

That's what the song is all about. It is for chrimbo etc. isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back