Christmas Box (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1
eoinbox said:
along with those hanly centre wankers. they have henry streeh mobbed so they do. along with the rest of the henry street....mobs
I was surprised to learn that the Oxfam on-street fundraisers earn €13 an hour. I know it's not the most pleasant job in the world (though god knows there's worse) but I dunno,the fact that these people earn almost twice the minimum wage just seemed slightly at odds with the cause. I think the Amnesty ones earned €14 p/h.

As for the donation to binmen thing - I thought it was a standard enough thing. I know my parents have always stuck a note or two in an envelope for them. I dunno how much -don't wanna depress you Ro but I think it might be 50quid. The funny part is the timing element. It's amusing to watch them. It's crucial to hang back behind the door for long enough, then just as they've got our bin and our pushing it back in, BAM!, that's the cue. The parent strides confidently forward, and the envelope is pressed silently into the hand of the knowing binman. Words are frivolous at this point. Maybe a strong momentary glance between the two. The binman retreats. And so begins another 12 months.

roxy said:
As for the donation to binmen thing - I thought it was a standard enough thing. I know my parents have always stuck a note or two in an envelope for them. I dunno how much -don't wanna depress you Ro but I think it might be 50quid. The funny part is the timing element. It's amusing to watch them. It's crucial to hang back behind the door for long enough, then just as they've got our bin and our pushing it back in, BAM!, that's the cue. The parent strides confidently forward, and the envelope is pressed silently into the hand of the knowing binman. Words are frivolous at this point. Maybe a strong momentary glance between the two. The binman retreats. And so begins another 12 months.
50 bloody quid!!!! If the binmen got 50 quid from everyone they'd have enough for a deposit for a house after one estate.

I would imagine 10 to 20 euro would suffice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back