Chris Morris appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

His best work?

• Brass Eye

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • The Day Today

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Nathan Barley

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • The IT Crowd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Wrongs 8245 - 8249 and 117 (the film)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I liked Nathan Barley.
There were some scenes that were classics, the dudes in the deep sea diving suits at the night club, him rapping at that chick when he was having sex with her. The barber shop incident.
I have seen a lot of those Nathan Barley types in real life though... it's chillingly accurate.

"It's like somebody has planted a bomb under the place and given the detonator to a monkey"

A toss up between Brasseye and the Day Today.went for Brasseye coz the best ones are that bit better.still, the Day Today did give us Alan Partridge for which we must always be grateful. I wanted to call my last band 'Massive Bereavement', the other lads weren't having it though

I watched Nathan Barley for the first time last night.

TOTALLY FUCKING JACKSON.

I was wondering how I could have missed this,but I didn't watch alot of telly from '97-05 or get on the internet until 06.
I'm making up for it now!!

No Jam, the poll is Null and void!!!!!!!!!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good to see he has a film coming out.

that four lions clip doesn't fill me with enthusiasm, it's pretty laboured isn't it? has the tone of an out-take from the office.
considering how awful "my wrongs" was (though this doesn't seem to have the arty self-induglence of that particularly misguided project), and how "nathan barley" was far from a masterpiece, it strikes me that a brass eye special on islamic fundamentalism would have been alot more effective (even then maybe a few years too late?)

I'm very encouraged by that Four Lions clip I have to say. I was apprehensive about it to be honest, given the drop in quality of his output, and then no output at all. Plus the idea sounded very similar to something already explored here:

But I'm suddenly excited to see it now. It does have some of the ponderous feel of "naturalistic" 2000's comedy, but it also has actual jokes in it that made me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back