Chopped vs Sprout (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
2 fancy salad bars that have opened up around town in the last while. Anyone tried them?

I had the falafel salad from Sprout last week. Tried a garden salad from Sprout this week.

chopped will chop everything up for you, which is a nice touch. They also check if you're vegetarian if you've ordered a salad with no meat, to make sure they use their non-meat chopping board. I appreciated that.

Sprout will just lash a load of food into the box and away you go.

Food is great in both though the falafel salad was better in Sprout.

Portions are too big for one person in both.

Overall, because of the added attention Chopped give, I reckon I'll be back there before going to Sprout again.

I prefer Chopped. It's just straight up Salad...chopped.

Sprout tries to be too fancy. What I find hilarious about Sprout (certainly for Dawson St branch if you eat in), they'll serve your salad in a proper ceramic bowl that sits on a plank of wood and THEN give you plastic cutlery to eat it. FUCK!

There's a salad bar chain here called Tossed and a lot of their advertising is based around masturbation jokes. Why anyone thought wank jokes were a good marketing campaign for a salad bar is beyond me!

I've tried Chopped, mainly because there's a branch right below where i work. I like that you can pre-order online and then just nip down and collect. I've tried it a couple of times and found it grand.
I haven't tried Sprout mainly because I can never get into the place! It's always jammed, but I might try the pre-order yokey.
It's a nice variation on the usual sambo lunch; portions are big but at least with the bowls you can bring it home and have it for your tea as well!

I have tried Sprout twice: Falafel the first time (nice but not as good as a dedicated falafel place like Umi) and went with my wife the second time and both salads were absolutely vile. I will probably never go back.

I haven't tried chopped but the fact that it's essentially pre-blended for you puts me off. Lunchtime doesn't need lifehack efficiency gimmicks, I can take the time to use a knife and fork thanks.

I have tried Sprout twice: Falafel the first time (nice but not as good as a dedicated falafel place like Umi) and went with my wife the second time and both salads were absolutely vile. I will probably never go back.

I haven't tried chopped but the fact that it's essentially pre-blended for you puts me off. Lunchtime doesn't need lifehack efficiency gimmicks, I can take the time to use a knife and fork thanks.
I'm sure you can ask them not to chop it up for you. They just fill the bowl with the salad you want, then some lad down the end chops it with a blade in front of you. I can't imagine there'd be any problem asking them not to do it if you don't fancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back