Check this out (1 Viewer)

Seriously, no children in the church? I've never encountered this. Anyway, who are you to dictate who comes in and out of a church at whatever time? It's different if it's a non-church wedding.
Totally reasonable to ban the brats from the afters.

sorry parents, but your children are a nightmare to everyone else. i think thats what everyone is working up to saying

evil+monkey.GIF

i didn't have any kids at my wedding and it worked out great. My cousin is getting married next month and there's no kids allowed which is fine because i don't want to go so we can't get a babysitter.

when you have your own wedding you can make the rules.

I did have my own wedding and I did make the rules. But that's given me an idea--next time I invite my friend over, I'm going to say that I don't want his wife to come along because it's just not feasible to have too many boring people in the room with me.

I did have my own wedding and I did make the rules. But that's given me an idea--next time I invite my friend over, I'm going to say that I don't want his wife to come along because it's just not feasible to have too many boring people in the room with me.

i started doing this a few years ago, i recommend it.

next time I invite my friend over, I'm going to say that I don't want his wife to come along because it's just not feasible to have too many boring people in the room with me.

Arf! You totally should.
I have to say, if MOST of your friends have kids would it not make more sense to allow kids? Unless, that is, you hate all your friends and don't want them to come. Hmmm...

Wouldn't it be amazing though snaky? A night out with your old friends with no kids around and no-one missing cos they're at home babysitting and no-one taking it easy cos they're driving or pregnant or have to be up at 6am. Sounds fucking class to me

Maybe you could get him to make an exception for breastfeeding mamas as they just can't come at all if they can't bring the infant?

Wouldn't it be amazing though snaky? A night out with your old friends with no kids around and no-one missing cos they're at home babysitting and no-one taking it easy cos they're driving or pregnant or have to be up at 6am. Sounds fucking class to me

Maybe you could get him to make an exception for breastfeeding mamas as they just can't come at all if they can't bring the infant?

ah yeah, probably either just go on my own or else just not go - latter option is the best one for preserving my own marriage, I reckon

Ian: best suggestion yet! It's what I'm doing for your wedding.

I think they way he's put it ("asking everyone to make arrangements") is polite and reasonable enough. They aren't inviting children to their wedding. What way could he have phrased it so that you wouldn't be "disappointed" in him? Or does he absolutely have to invite your children as well as you to the ceremony for you not to begrude* him his "country wedding"

Bollix to polite and reasonable. He could have said that they could come to the church and not the reception, that would have been fair enough. This wedding is a five-hour drive away and my missus is a breastfeeding mother. A baby sitter is not an option. Missing the wedding is the only reasonable option for us right now - if they had offered a bit of leeway, we could have gone.
It's a shame, because he's a good friend. Oh and, I don't begrudge anyone a country wedding, I just think that any I've gone to have been crap (and I'm from the sticks, so I should know).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back