Channel 4 100 greatest cartoons (1 Viewer)

conmac

Website
www.myspace.com
Anyone see it last night?

It didn't have Ulysses 31, The Critic, Duckman or Ghost In The Shell,
although it did have Legend Of The Overfiend (72) and Akira (16).

No sign of Captain Planet either!

The Incredibles above Bugs Bunny?????

its kind of a chicken and egg scenario there. would we have the sharp humour in the incredibles if it wasnt for bugs sass in the 50's?

thing is though the incredibles is a stunning bit of animation comedy and overall as a film whereas bugs has had some truely ground breaking shorts (hair raising hare, the barber of seville, etc) he's really had some stinkers.

personally i wouldnt put incredibles before bugs bunny its like all these shows they're catering to the dumbest demographic and so wont put anything on that isnt available off the shelf in chartbusters.

saw this top100 before and as with all of them was deeply disappointed !bog

I'm surprised to see Legend Of The Overfiend in there too. Like it or not, it's one of those cartoons you have to say you've seen. Great animation all the same. I also noticed that there was no mention of speed racer.

so, what is the best cartoon ever?

best cartoon series - southpark. long surpassed simpsons and ten years old this year.

best cartoon - any of the old looney tunes with daffy duck in them (duck dodgers in the twentyforth and a half century and Duck amuck are a couple of my favourites).
. the daffy used in spacejam is some crack and debt riddled impersonator besmirching the good name.

best cartoon series - southpark. long surpassed simpsons and ten years old this year.

best cartoon - any of the old looney tunes with daffy duck in them (duck dodgers in the twentyforth and a half century and Duck amuck are a couple of my favourites).
. the daffy used in spacejam is some crack and debt riddled impersonator besmirching the good name.

Re: South Park
Agreed, especially from season 5 onwards when it got more political and they introduced Jimmy, Timmy, Token (great name) and Butters.

Also Duck Dodgers was great, Marvin The Martian didn't get a mention in the programme and he's one of my fav characters ever.

I'M ASSUMING IT WAS ANOTHER BRIT POLL. SOMEONE WHO'S 20 WOULD BE TOO YOUNG TO REMEMBER ULYSSES 31. KIDS. I'M GONNA ASSUME 'THE WONDERFUL ADVENTURES OF CRISPY CRUNCH WASN'T THERE EITHER.

AND NOT TO HAVE THE IRON GIANT IN THE TOP 5 IS A CRIME.. UNLESS IT WAS IN THE TOP 5.

FUCKIN' KIDS.

DID 'FOSTER's...' MAKE IT ONTO THE LIST? I'M GONNA OWN THAT SHIT IN TWENTY YEARS.

ALLAHQUAANNNNDO!!!

CHECKED THE LIST. OF COURSE I'M GONNA SAY ITS SHIT.

HERE'S WHY.... NINJA TURTLES IS A PLACE HIGHER THAN SPONGEBOB.
FUCKIN' TURTLES. THAT CARTOON WAS A PIECE OF WORK ALRIGHT. UGLY BORING REPETITIVE AND LAME. I KNEW IT THE FIRST TIME I EVER SAW IT.

SPONGEBOB IS A LEDGEND.

SPONGAQUAANNNDO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back