Champions League 2014-15 (1 Viewer)

Gulf in performance levels wasn't quite so huge tonight as in the Dortmund Arsenal game but it would have been robbery had City got something from tonight.
Don't totally agree, Bayern were the better team alright, but it was pretty boring to watch again. Without the penetration Ribbery and Robben give them they're fairly pedestrian.

Then took another 88 minutes to score.

It's the pace I just can't stand. When Schwienstiger, Robben and Ribbery don't play they seem happy to just play at walking pace.

Hart had a very good game which meant that it took them long though. Which is unusal for him as he's often the cause of them losing in Europe.

Hart had a very good game which meant that it took them long though. Which is unusal for him as he's often the cause of them losing in Europe.
Hart was the best player on the pitch. Demichels and Kompany did well Toure, Clichy and Sagna were awful though and had Bayern really moved the ball well they would have destroyed them. They made chances alright but they only really played in fits and starts. When you think back to Pep at Barca about 5 years ago and the pace they played at, the runs from midfield that they made, bamboozling defenders like a swarm of bees had descended on them it was something special but they had to win games by having the ball because they couldn't defend to save their lives. Now Pep seems to have figured out defensive stability but last night was a perfect example of what that has done. No one was really willing to get up from midfield. It's not Alonso or Lahms game really Goetze tried but it was a bit too... well not easy, but standard, for the city centre halves at times. When Robben came on he runs at them, people commit themselves the centre halves get pulled out of position and that makes space. It's a strange one though because there aren't really any "great" sides in it this year. Barca could come good if Neymar, Suarez and Messi stay fit and they change their style a little to move t quicker. PSG have David Luis so they're fucked anyway. Bayern aren't there yet. Real have huge issues. Atleti are weakened but will still cause problems. Chelski look horribly solid. City will improve. Dortmund need a real finisher up front. Who knows what Arsenal or Liverpool can do ?

Who knows it could be something mad like Juve and Ajax in the final. They're no more or less flawed than anyone else in it.

Brilliant game in Paris. Neither team will win it though. Barcelona because they can't defend (When have I said that before) and they were lacking a bit of guile in midfield tonight. And PSG because they have David Luis, who got a cheer from the supporters every time he touched the ball tonight. Which was a bit ridiculous considering just how good his partner at centre half Marquinhos was. He was Vincent Kompanyesque that lad. To be fair PSG deserved it and played really bravely. No Lavezzi, No Zlatan and they still looked good. I'm not tipping them but they look like they'll give anyone a decent game.

Brilliant game in Paris. Neither team will win it though. Barcelona because they can't defend (When have I said that before) and they were lacking a bit of guile in midfield tonight. And PSG because they have David Luis, who got a cheer from the supporters every time he touched the ball tonight. Which was a bit ridiculous considering just how good his partner at centre half Marquinhos was. He was Vincent Kompanyesque that lad. To be fair PSG deserved it and played really bravely. No Lavezzi, No Zlatan and they still looked good. I'm not tipping them but they look like they'll give anyone a decent game.

I enjoyed Mascherano tonight.

I enjoyed Mascherano tonight.
It was basically Masch vs PSG at times. Vintage Barca when you think about it.

"We must play football our way or there will be no football at all"

"Could you not sign some defenders ?"

"No we must take the best holding midfielder at the world cup and make him hold our defence together"

"He's not great in the air"

"Yes but we expect the opposition to play football our way or there should be no football at all"

"Eh.... "

Aye, that Barca defence is a fuckin shambles alright, almost makes Real's backline look good. Masch is a class player, but nobody can defend the entire width of the pitch on their own. If the midfield and wing-backs spend the whole time camped around the opposition box, then what the hell are ya gonna do? Zlatan probably would have scored six.

Aye, that Barca defence is a fuckin shambles alright, almost makes Real's backline look good. Masch is a class player, but nobody can defend the entire width of the pitch on their own. If the midfield and wing-backs spend the whole time camped around the opposition box, then what the hell are ya gonna do? Zlatan probably would have scored six.
At one point Masch was marking David Luis. David Fucking Luis !!!! The commentator on Sky gave him abuse for being out muscled by him. Fucking ridiculous. If he has to mark Zlatan he'll have to "train" with Lance Armstrong's doctor for a month or two before hand.

Atleti vs Juve. Best defence in Spain vs best defence in Italy.

Jesus it was drudgery!!!

Or not. From a defenders point of view it was ....... nah.... still fucking drudgery. Atleti had a plan and it worked (Just) Juve missed Pirlo massively. It was pretty fucking awful. Great Simeone moments late on though. Raul Garcia goes down with a fairly legitimate complaint late on. Rolls around, looks to the line. Simeone waves his hand and Garcia bounces back to his feet and runs back into his position. Camera cuts to the crowd who are going fuckng ape shit. Cuts to Simeone in slow motion waving his arms upwards egging them on. Like he was a conductor rather than a manager.

And it works.

I wonder what a BVB Klopp vs Atleti Simeone semi final would be like ?

the charisma off to finally put Pep vs Jose in the penny ha'penny place.

Anyway

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Liverpool were fairly dire last night, although I reckon Basel are a better team than they generally get credit for.
They are. Remember they knocked United out on the last day of the group stages a few years ago when Xhaquiri was a amazing ? And the Bibao made a show of United in the EL ?

Ah good times.

Barca battering Ajax turned that off and then watched Bayern smash in 4 against Roma in 20 minutes or so. Chelski 2-0 up already so Mikel will be on any second (if he's not already) No really competitive matches on tonight so I'm signing off early. Looking forward to tomorrow night in the pub. Bale is out so obviously Liverpool have every chance (heh heh heh) It's the one night of the year it's okay to like them.

Wait Bayern 5 up. Fuck sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back