Centrist Dads just wanna get along (3 Viewers)

The important thing is I managed to use it as an excuse to get an unnecessary dig in against Fintan O'Toole.

84fd4f36326d2105c8e6f3a2d9fadc7a.jpg

Put "Leo Varadkar" into twitter search.

But the short version is that theres some video of him kissing a young lad in a club, and people can't decide which aspect to get worked up about the most, and whether the entire thing is faked or not.

Middle Ireland expects this sort of carry on from de gayz based on stereotypical notions. he'll be grand.

Unless there's a coming 'me too' moment?

Middle Ireland expects this sort of carry on from de gayz based on stereotypical notions. he'll be grand.

Unless there's a coming 'me too' moment?
Every take imaginable has already been aired and argued over.

Leo is such a Thatcher lover that he'll probably roll Matthew out for a Tory MP style mea culpa "I have let my [significant other] down but I am working to rebuild trust and we are working through it" presser, as opposed to what he should actually do and tell people to fuck off and mind their own business.

The man is an arsehole with terrible opinions on how the world should work but this is bullshit. A version of the Icelandic PM caught dancing on video scandal for the hates the gays crowd.

Not Icelandic, Finnish

Just your average centrist dad journo joining a Tory think tank and getting congratulated by the blue tick press brigade. Fucking stitched up this stupid country.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

to help get my bearings definitions @Lili Marlene

some centrist dad beliefs could be:

- the capitalist system is unfair, but a model of it could be workable
- we have a duty to help the poorer in society, but not up to the point of complete redistribution/recreation of societies structures
- everyone has the right to: bodily autonomy, chose their own gender, express their own beliefs etc etc., even if some aspects of these choices make me personally uncomfortable.
- wider society and the state can act to protect the best interests of wider society and the state, but I don't want a police state

or is that a bed wetting center-left dad? and a centrist dad is just a modernized version of george hook?
I read all this anyone not sufficiently angry or left on a particular position or just in general being angry about the wrong things

just another way for people to claim the moral highground on others and feel better about their own positions and moral certitude about same
Just tar a vague group of people as having questionable positions on things that matter and tell yourself you're doing a great job

Calling other people cunts has been, and likely always will be, great fun

Then again, I don't care what Steve Albini thinks.

Left will tear itself apart again
joy division art GIF by hoppip

Just another way for people to claim the moral highground

Well it is kinda

That person's a cunt. This person's a cunt. All those people over there? Cunts.
Me? Oh, me. I've got it all figured out, here in my panopticon of righteousness.
My anger serves a purpose and is justified. Theirs, full of hate and lacking. I'll make up a name for them and then I'll be right, and clever.
How good it feels to be right and certain, and not a cunt.
I'm not an unhappy person, I'm just angry at injustice.
Twitter is like this all over. Almost top to bottom.

Like what has Steve Albini actually done?
A few good records, sure. But he can also fuck off, you know?

I have no idea what it feels to be right and certain, but I do know that all the evidence points towards humanity looking planetary extinction right in the eye, and there's still an entire industry of well-paid incurious anti-intellectual commentators whose job it is to try and claim that this suicidal position is the centre ground and that only the divisive extremists over there, probably in their social media bubbles, are against it.

As for Steve Albini, you caught me out actually, I had no idea the original Tweet was responding to something Elon Musk said, at the time I thought he was just being grouchy. He usually is. I don't even like his music.

Apart from anything else, he's been a Secret Santa in Chicago for years

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back