Centra's Children's Allowance Day deals (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 4
Why not scrap the children's allowance AND increase taxation of the childless, after all they're not paying the cost of producing future taxpayers to look after them in their old age and pay for their pension etc.

The childless are a massive future burden on society.

We at ''Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples And Teens And Gays Against Parasitic Parents" (SSCCATAGAPP) would disagree

Marge_vs..jpg

This is true, I wouldn't give anything stronger than Budweiser to my kid. I'm not a bad parent.

The whole swirling morass of commentary today has touched on a load of issues. The person who originally drew attention to the flyer was pointing out the crassness and bad ethics of targetting their advertising in such a manner. He wasn't taking a potshot at the payment itself. However, comments have run the gamut from class warfare "flog the poor" stuff, suggesting voucher/debit card systems to minimise fraud, to lengthy tirades on the pointlessness of getting annoyed about anything on the internet, it's all a storm in a teacup, to stuff like SURE THEY'RE ONLY TRYING TO MAKE A FEW BOB FECKS SAKE MICKEY MONEY LOL. It seems clear that a lot of commentmongers of the "flog the poor" persuasion don't realise that the Child Benefit is available to all parents in the state, and isn't means tested. I discussed the issue last night on the twitter and introducing restrictions on what the payment is used for is widely seen as nanny-stateism, paternalistic etc. Also, the unintended consequence of introducing restrictions on the payment might actually mean more children go without. That is, one way of circumventing for example the US food stamps system is to buy legit goods and flog them for cheaper to another person, then spend the received cash on whatever you want.

The class wars I wage are against the rich. But that doesn't mean that all poor people are saints. Some parents do spend the childrens allowance on booze and cigarettes, Fergus Finlay of Barnardos was on the news pointing out that 9% of children live with parents who have an alcohol problem. If people don't spend the money on booze then they are unlikely to object to vouchers. Fraud could be dealt with by vouchers that only work with a personal SW card.

The class wars I wage are against the rich. But that doesn't mean that all poor people are saints. Some parents do spend the childrens allowance on booze and cigarettes, Fergus Finlay of Barnardos was on the news pointing out that 9% of children live with parents who have an alcohol problem. If people don't spend the money on booze then they are unlikely to object to vouchers. Fraud could be dealt with by vouchers that only work with a personal SW card.

People with alcohol problems don't give two fucks what price budweiser or fucking miller are.

Which they can sell for money to buy booze ? I don't think you really understand what people with alcohol problems are really like and legislating for people with these problems fucks everybody squarely in the arse and makes only a slight inconvenience for those who don't want/can't get help with their problems. This is exactly what's wrong with this shit hole country "we'll make it harder for drug addicts and alcoholics" no, you'll make it harder on everyone, but being a drug addict or alcoholic will still be their full time job and they will find a way around any/all legislations to remain so.

I think that 9% sound ridiculously low to me.

Pretty sure the person who started this whole thing was an avid thumped poster a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back