Centra's Children's Allowance Day deals (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 4
They know their target market. Best to offer them a deal rather than have it robbed.

Means test that shit

You think that poor people compartmentalise their money?
"Oh, that 20 euro bill came from the Children's Allowance so I'll only spend that note on nappies"
The money goes into a pot and it's all spent. And people with kids buy beer.
So do people on the dole. And people on disability. Get over it.

The scandal is that we give this money to everyone in the country that ever squeezed one out. You indiscriminately shower people with money, they will indiscriminately shower shopkeepers with it.
Centra at least clearly understand this.

Why not scrap the children's allowance AND increase taxation of the childless, after all they're not paying the cost of producing future taxpayers to look after them in their old age and pay for their pension etc.

Or maybe scrap all social welfare (and reduce everyone's taxes). That way we can have a society like that in many Asian countries where those people who had children have someone to look after them in old age and those that didn't work till they drop dead or die in the streets. And as for the unemployed...

The childless are a massive future burden on society.

No one outraged that the rest of the list is processed sugary bollox that is only food in the broadest terms.

Sure, stop the poor having booze, but don't worry that they're eating sugar and salt for dinner.

The whole swirling morass of commentary today has touched on a load of issues. The person who originally drew attention to the flyer was pointing out the crassness and bad ethics of targetting their advertising in such a manner. He wasn't taking a potshot at the payment itself. However, comments have run the gamut from class warfare "flog the poor" stuff, suggesting voucher/debit card systems to minimise fraud, to lengthy tirades on the pointlessness of getting annoyed about anything on the internet, it's all a storm in a teacup, to stuff like SURE THEY'RE ONLY TRYING TO MAKE A FEW BOB FECKS SAKE MICKEY MONEY LOL. It seems clear that a lot of commentmongers of the "flog the poor" persuasion don't realise that the Child Benefit is available to all parents in the state, and isn't means tested. I discussed the issue last night on the twitter and introducing restrictions on what the payment is used for is widely seen as nanny-stateism, paternalistic etc. Also, the unintended consequence of introducing restrictions on the payment might actually mean more children go without. That is, one way of circumventing for example the US food stamps system is to buy legit goods and flog them for cheaper to another person, then spend the received cash on whatever you want.

Fuck all y'all - I've two crates of el cheapo bud next to me and the Die Hard quadrilogy box set, just waiting for the little fecker to go to bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back