Censorship (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
The State’s Censorship of Publications Board has banned a book for the first time in 18 years.

The book, The Raped Little Runaway, by Jean Martin. was deemed “indecent or obscene” by the board.

The decision prohibits the sale and distribution of the book in the State.

The Censorship of Publications Board voted to prohibit the book at a meeting on March 1st.

Censorship board bans book for the first time since 1998

I thought they were disbanding the censorship board once they had dealt with Laura by Alan Shatter. I don't know where I got that misinformation from. Or maybe they're still working their way through the backlog up to Laura.

As far as I can tell this is some erotica publisher who has been just churning these things out for decades.

I disagree with banning it but be fucked if I'll put energy into defending something like this. I figure we all have bigger fish to fry.

What was the last buke they banned?

The last book to be banned by the board was the 'Base Guide to London' because it advertised the locations of "places of ill-repute" in the English capital.

Censor bans first publication in Ireland in 18 years - Independent.ie

I disagree with banning it but be fucked if I'll put energy into defending something like this. I figure we all have bigger fish to fry.

Yep. Anyway, you can still purchase it online and openly read it should you so desire, it's 'just' the selling/distribution of it that's prohibited.

Places of ill repute in London? Was it banned in 1998 or 1898?

Also, where can I get this buke?

It offered “streetwise” advice for urban youths about “drugs, sex, fetishism, trannies and counterfeit goods”.

Innocent times.
It was published by a shoe company so I'm guessing you had to buy some shoes to get a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back