Celebrity Creeps Thread (5 Viewers)

An unnamed player played for an unnamed club in the PL on Friday.

Apropos of nothing there was a flyover of Selhurst Park pre-match arranged by a feminist group and a group of Arsenal in protest against violence against women. The groups want the club to use its prominent role in the PL to lead the way on this issue in the league.

The banner said "kick rapists off the pitch."
I don't follow the football enough to know the timing of this

But if a club was the subject of an ongoing fly-on-the-wall docuseries, would this be perhaps part of it?
Should unnamed player be named legally in the press at some point, I mean

I don't follow the football enough to know the timing of this

But if a club was the subject of an ongoing fly-on-the-wall docuseries, would this be perhaps part of it?
Should unnamed player be named legally in the press at some point, I mean

Fly on the wall docuseries covers last season.

Apparently the first allegation, where no charges are going to be brought do to a technicality, refers to events that took place last year though no arrests were made until last month.

The decision to continue playing the player doesn't reflect well on the club IMO, legally they might not be able to suspend him but that doesn't mean they have to play him, but I could see a big fallout happening in terms of who knew what and when.

PL is a cesspool and the tribalism of the fans makes having any kind of serious good faith discussions about the big issues around the game very difficult. Cristiano Ronaldo is basically an admitted rapist and that fact was a thing for about a week last summer when he returned to Manchester United. He's subsequently been cleared (perhaps they got the nod it'd happen as it was a couple of weeks after) but Spurs signed Yves Bissouma while he was being investigated over a sexual assault allegation from last autumn. Mendy's rape trial begins this week and there's also the ongoing other case where a player, who was at least suspended by his club last summer following the arrest, is awaiting trail over child sex offences.

At least Manchester United did the right thing with Mason Greenwood.

And that's just the stuff that's known about.

former GB athletics coach of Jessica Ennis-Hill has been banned for life for bullying and harassment
also Ennis-Hill had a her name removed from a stand named for her at Bramall Lane when Sheffield United allowed Ched Evans to resume playing for them

EDIT: Apparently J E-H wasn't one of the athletes who lodged complaints against Minichello.

PL is a cesspool and the tribalism of the fans makes having any kind of serious good faith discussions about the big issues around the game very difficult. Cristiano Ronaldo is basically an admitted rapist and that fact was a thing for about a week last summer when he returned to Manchester United. He's subsequently been cleared (perhaps they got the nod it'd happen as it was a couple of weeks after) but Spurs signed Yves Bissouma while he was being investigated over a sexual assault allegation from last autumn. Mendy's rape trial begins this week and there's also the ongoing other case where a player, who was at least suspended by his club last summer following the arrest, is awaiting trail over child sex offences.

Oh yeah and Overmaars is back in football about 6 months after losing his job at Ajax because he went into the jacks in work, took photos of his dick, and sent them to female colleagues.

If my childhood admiration for Jan Ceulemaans hadn't already put the idea in my head I suppose I'm clearly a Club Brugge man now.

Oh yeah and Overmaars is back in football about 6 months after losing his job at Ajax because he went into the jacks in work, took photos of his dick, and sent them to female colleagues.

If my childhood admiration for Jan Ceulemaans hadn't already put the idea in my head I suppose I'm clearly a Club Brugge man now.
Jan got a lovely blatantly offside goal against the USSR in Mexico 1986!
actually most of the Soviet team were Ukrainian (Dynamo Kiev) and there were only about 5 Russians in the entire squad.

I don't think pro football has more sex predators than the general population* but football is institutionally not dealing with this.

*many men are dangerous and very often you can't tell which us it will be.

I don't think pro football has more sex predators than the general population* but football is institutionally not dealing with this.

*many men are dangerous and very often you can't tell which us it will be.

I think the culture of football, hyper masculine, bants bants bants, zero sum (there are winners, us and losers, everyone else) coddled and a lifetime of succeeding (anyone who is one of the 500 pl players has beaten out millions upon millions of people to get there) and an attitude that the only thing that validates their lives is winning on Saturday allows the problems to foment. Also the lack of female authority figures in their lives (professionally, a lot of them talk about how much they love their mums).

Get the kids in the youth teams and drill consent classes into them.

With any sport you are gonna be spending all your training time trying get knack for spotting a vulnerability and exploiting it. At PL level, or at any sport that involves megabucks that is gonna be the MO. Get out there, find something to exploit, and exploit it, twice a week for at least 90 minutes. Sports people are trained to be our dancing seals or whatever, not to uphold morality.

With any sport you are gonna be spending all your training time trying get knack for spotting a vulnerability and exploiting it. At PL level, or at any sport that involves megabucks that is gonna be the MO. Get out there, find something to exploit, and exploit it, twice a week for at least 90 minutes. Sports people are trained to be our dancing seals or whatever, not to uphold morality.

Sure no one bar maybe priests are trained to uphold morality and look how that has turned out historically.

the point i was trying to make, but didn't even type in the end is that soccer isn't an outlier - I wouldn't single it out beyond the circumstances of megabucks and megafame.
Ah, the culture is like Uni said, hyper-masculine laddish.
Any profession where gay people can’t be their true selves at work, is a mahoosive red flag.

They’re excellent at what they do, but they are largely a bunch of coddled adolescents with a work culture at a Nuts magazine level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back