Celebrity Creeps Thread (4 Viewers)

jesus, what a prick. I gave up halfway through because its a hard read. Even if any of it is true, the fact he said he took his time before deciding what to say in order to be sensitive to his kids' feelings, then proceeds to publicly accuse (one of their) mother(s) of being violent and a little bit mad, is fucked up.

He's clearly as thick as he is anything else

jesus, what a prick. I gave up halfway through because its a hard read. Even if any of it is true, the fact he said he took his time before deciding what to say in order to be sensitive to his kids' feelings, then proceeds to publicly accuse (one of their) mother(s) of being violent and a little bit mad, is fucked up.

He's clearly as thick as he is anything else
all a bit unpleasant .

observation on the Eoghan McDermott controversy; Twitter is pretty much condemning him, a 27-year old (at the time) man for grooming a 17-year-old girl (regardless of legal age of consent)

Facebook on the other hand; everyone wants her named and shamed and sent to prison for her false allegations

observation on the Eoghan McDermott controversy; Twitter is pretty much condemning him, a 27-year old (at the time) man for grooming a 17-year-old girl (regardless of legal age of consent)

Facebook on the other hand; everyone wants her named and shamed and sent to prison for her false allegations

There's a whole load to unpack with that situation. My initial reaction is that regardless of criminality it's still quite creepy. If I'd known who is was before this kicked off I'd look at him in a worse light now.

I don't know what the specific allegations were, but given the letter from the accuser's solicitor that he posted you have to factor in how complainant friendly defamation laws here are and how much it costs to defend an action.

There's a whole load to unpack with that situation. My initial reaction is that regardless of criminality it's still quite creepy. If I'd known who is was before this kicked off I'd look at him in a worse light now.

I don't know what the specific allegations were, but given the letter from the accuser's solicitor that he posted you have to factor in how complainant friendly defamation laws here are and how much it costs to defend an action.
I remember she posted all the details on Twitter a while back. To me it really seems a cut and dry example of a man old enough to know better, taking advantage of his "celebrity" with a naive young woman.

I agree, it's creepy and inappropriate as opposed to unlawful.

Somebody pointed out to me the other day that yer one from Once was like 14 or something when Glen Hansard first met her and they were riding a couple of years later. Does this make him a nonce? Maybe the film should be called NOnce?

Somebody pointed out to me the other day that yer one from Once was like 14 or something when Glen Hansard first met her and they were riding a couple of years later. Does this make him a nonce? Maybe the film should be called NOnce?

Film was 15 years ago and you're only discovering now he's noncey?

Have heard plenty of of other stories saying similar things about him

Production[edit]​

Hansard's busking scenes were filmed on Grafton Street.
The two leads, Hansard and Irglová, are both professional musicians.[5] Director Carney, former bassist for Hansard's band The Frames, had asked his long-time friend to share busker anecdotes and compose songs for the film, but had intended the male lead to be played by actor Cillian Murphy,[6] who was an almost-signed rock musician before turning to acting.[7] Murphy was also going to be one of the film's producers. But Murphy declined the prospect of acting opposite non-actor Irglová (then 17 years old) and also felt that he hadn't the vocal capabilities to belt out Hansard's octave-leaping songs, so he pulled out, as did the film's other producers along with their financial resources.[8] Carney then turned to songwriter Hansard, who'd previously done only one acting job, a supporting role as guitarist Outspan Foster in the 1991 ensemble film The Commitments, the story of a Dublin soul music cover band. Hansard was initially reluctant, fearing that he wouldn't be able to pull it off, but after stipulating that he had to be fully involved in the filmmaking process and that it be low-budget and intimate, he agreed.[8]

Produced on a shoestring, about 75% of the budget was funded by Bord Scannán na hÉireann (The Irish Film Board), plus some of Carney's own money. The director gave his salary to the two stars, and promised a share of the back-end for everyone if the film was a success. Shot with a skeleton crew on a 17-day shoot, the filmmakers saved money by using natural light and shooting at friends' houses.[9] The musical party scene was filmed in Hansard's own flat, with his personal friends playing the partygoers/musicians[10]—his mother, Catherine Hansard, is briefly featured singing solo. The Dublin street scenes were recorded without permits and with a long lens so that many passersby didn't even realize that a film was being made. The long lens also helped the non-professional actors relax and forget about the camera, and some of the dialogue ended up being improvised.[8]

During the shoot, Carney had predicted a romance, calling Hansard and Irglová his Bogart and Bacall. Hansard and Irglová did become a couple in real life, getting together while on a promotional tour across North America, and living together in Dublin, in Hansard's flat.[11] Entertainment Weekly reported:

The chemistry between (the) two leads ... was easy to produce during the January 2006 shoot in Dublin. "I had been falling in love with her for a long time, but I kept telling myself she's just a kid," says Hansard, 37, who has known his 19-year-old costar for the past six years. "There was definitely the feeling we were documenting something precious and private."[12]
Subsequently, Hansard indicated that they were no longer a romantic couple.[13] He said, "Of course, we fell into each other's arms. It was a very necessary part of our friendship but I think we both concluded that that wasn't what we really wanted to do. So we're not together now. We are just really good friends."

Not sure exactly who Vicky is describing here (someone who had young kids when they were in their 30s, and I don’t think Hansard has any kids) but seems like the Irish scene is riddled with creeps.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure exactly who Vicky is describing here (someone who had young kids when they were in their 30s, and I don’t think Hansard has any kids) but seems like the Irish scene is riddled with creeps.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Always thought that was Hansard.
I'm guessing now.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back