Celebrity Creeps Thread (4 Viewers)

No, I completely cannot back up that statement, I fold immediately.

I suppose I think he should be free to practice comedy, i'm not gonna go to his gig myself though.

I wasn’t actually challenging you (yet?) I genuinely did not compute in met brains. I’ve also not had any coffee this morning

No, I completely cannot back up that statement, I fold immediately.

I suppose I think he should be free to practice comedy, i'm not gonna go to his gig myself though.

That's sort of where I am. I have no idea what's an appropriate length of time is for him to be away doing his thinking and listening or whatever it is he said he was going to do. And I'm not really the sort of person in that's in a position to make that call either. But I've no interest in seeing him perform now, and probably won't in the future either.

That's sort of where I am. I have no idea what's an appropriate length of time is for him to be away doing his thinking and listening or whatever it is he said he was going to do. And I'm not really the sort of person in that's in a position to make that call either. But I've no interest in seeing him perform now, and probably won't in the future either.
never have seen him perform and never will. Might watch a Netflix special though

Same.

See this A mockery of #MeToo: the rush to rehabilitate Louis CK is indecent

The Guardian said:
Last year Louis CK went from routinely being referred to as one of the world’s greatest living standups to being outed as a sexual aggressor; a predator who was both frightening and pathetic in the way he used his power to repeatedly masturbate in front of female comics without their consent, and then in effect killed their careers for talking about it.

IIRC he had their actual explicit consent, and exerted exactly zero influence over their careers - the problem was that they might reasonably have feared for their careers if they refused, and that even if that fear wasn't realised that nullified their consent ... same thing that makes teacher/student relationships dodgy, right?

Am I wrong? Did I miss something? Or is the guardian talking out of its arse?

See this A mockery of #MeToo: the rush to rehabilitate Louis CK is indecent

IIRC he had their actual explicit consent, and exerted exactly zero influence over their careers - the problem was that they might reasonably have feared for their careers if they refused, and that even if that fear wasn't realised that nullified their consent ... same thing that makes teacher/student relationships dodgy, right?

Am I wrong? Did I miss something? Or is the guardian talking out of its arse?

I'm not sure if this applies to CK but there is a sort of unspoken soft power element to a situation like this as well. If you speak out against someone or cast aspersions on their character if they're prominent or powerful it may impact how others react to you for fear that they might get on the bad side of said prominent person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back