Celebrity Creeps Thread (4 Viewers)

The Killers story made me think it's only a matter of time before MM gets it. Backstage at their shows was infamous I believe.

It's kind of not surprising but you also didn't want to fall into the trap of just jumping to conclusions.

In fairness, I did see interviews with Marilyn Manson where he admitted to some of the stuff that she was talking about, such as ringing her 200 times a day and threatening to kill himself. So, while the stuff she's saying in the video is horrific, it's not completely surprising.

It's kind of not surprising but you also didn't want to fall into the trap of just jumping to conclusions.

I haven't read it but wasn't the book about him from 20 years ago or so, "the long road out of hell" or something like that, supposed to be full of really salacious stuff about how shittily he and his band would treat groupies?

I can't believe Marylin Manson would be involved in such unsavory behavior.
Brian, I'm dissapointed in you.

I thought MM was modest mouse.

I haven't read it but wasn't the book about him from 20 years ago or so, "the long road out of hell" or something like that, supposed to be full of really salacious stuff about how shittily he and his band would treat groupies?
Yes it was. I put down a lot of it as a cartoonish exaggeration of the rock star life but now I think he might not have been fibbing.

Christ. Hadn't seen this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I seem to remember reading an interview in Metal Hammer or Kerrang from back then. There was a deaf woman who was a big MM fan. One of the band members insisted that he needed to have sex with this woman, because she was deaf. They did. The guy "needed" to have sex with her so that he could scream the most horrible shit at her while fucking her. The rest of the band heard it. Even Brian was upset. Apparently she was a willing participant, at least in the context of the times.

But their behaviour was quite openly talked about back then. And all the drugs and other shitty behaviour was happily accepted by all of us.

But their behaviour was quite openly talked about back then. And all the drugs and other shitty behaviour was happily accepted by all of us.
I wouldn't say 'happily', and not by 'all of us'. I've certainly never enjoyed having to listen to all the horrible shit men say and do to women while being told misogyny isn't a thing, including at great length and with vehemence on this forum for years and years and years.

I seem to remember reading an interview in Metal Hammer or Kerrang from back then. There was a deaf woman who was a big MM fan. One of the band members insisted that he needed to have sex with this woman, because she was deaf. They did. The guy "needed" to have sex with her so that he could scream the most horrible shit at her while fucking her. The rest of the band heard it. Even Brian was upset. Apparently she was a willing participant, at least in the context of the times.
I seemed to remember something like this and it appears there's a whole story

The implication (or just said explicitly) in these biographies is almost always that the groupies are willing participants, the metoo stuff is showing how it's a lot more complicated than that. Certainly there was also a lot of fnarr fnarring at treating women like shit as well, i've mentioned it previously in this thread about how much of that is in the I Want My MTV book, which came out in 2011.

The main story about MM (Antichrist Superstar no less!) seems to be that he was a shitty, controlling boyfriend in real life. Wasn't Twiggy fired from the band a year or two ago over a rape accusation?

I dunno, the amount of money moving around in the music industry in late 90s, just before Napster came along, was astonishing, i'd say a lot of blind eyes were turned to some of the worst excesses as people made bank.

Maybe rock stars could just do stuff that doesn't involve sexual assault? Is that really an issue for you?

And maybe readers will come to realise that there are more interesting things to read than accounts of sexual abuse? This "post woke" era sounds okay to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back