Celebrity Creeps Thread (1 Viewer)

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
we may do.
jack monroe had a pop at his writing a few days ago (classist, racist too i think), but i can't tell if this timing is concidental.

egg_

nerd/hippy
Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
jack monroe had a pop at his writing a few days ago (classist, racist too i think), but i can't tell if this timing is concidental.
What? I've read a few of his books to the kids. Some of them are pretty dark - depressed or neglectful parents, sinister grown ups selling burgers made from rats, that kind of thing. Stopped reading them eventually cos there was too much sadness

Read the thread, and the racist accusation seems to come from Raj, an Indian shopkeeper who's pretty eccentric but is absolutely lovely to all the kids, and gives them the emotional support that their parents don't. Presumably it's supposed to be racist because it's an Indian lad running a corner shop :/ And the classist one comes from Billionaire Boy, which I haven't read, but looking at the quotes it seems to be guilty of taking the piss out of rich people by exaggerating how much they love being mean to poor people

Have a read of one of his books and make up your own mind. The Boy in the Dress and Gangster Granny are both lovely books

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
we may do.
hmmmm

thred:

Torn between wanting DW taken down and remembering how Kiran here wrote possibly the worst book i've ever read. So bad I got several other people to read it, including a 12 year old, just to confirm it was terrible and I wasn't going crazy thinking it was a fucking scandal that it was ever allowed to be published. I suppose I'll have to let it pass for now.

ann post

Supporter
Threads
I'm not going to jump too quicky to conclusions but I'm going to saw the name she has asterisk the vowels in is probably Divid Williims. I trialled some vowels in it and came to this conclusion.

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I actually don't want DW taken down and I have never read any of his books. I have no real opinion on the world of rich people fighting with each other over who gets to abuse the underclasses in the most ethical way.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Not a creep as such, but we don't have a "cancelled" thread yet

ernesto

Big stanks
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com

A punk AND a conservative?
I think that probably just means Cunt

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com

He is cancelled, well Dublin and Belfast have cancelled him so far anyway

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Parade - Music from the Motion Picture Under the Cherry Moon
    Christopher Tracy's Parade
    Prince
    Parade - Music from the Motion Picture Under the Cherry Moon
  • Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads