Celebrity Creeps Thread (3 Viewers)

Well here, is it happening though? Or is it just a few strongly worded articles?

I've found Ireland's right on twitter celebs have really started affecting me less since I've largely stopped using it.

I don't use Twitter at all, it's great. I just pick up the general consensus of what's happening there through threads like this, it's a great little time saver.

Well here, is it happening though? Or is it just a few strongly worded articles?

I've found Ireland's right on twitter celebs have really started affecting me less since I've largely stopped using it.

weellllll

In a complete fly in the face of my own logic move, i was just thinking of un-following the load of them. No you are right, I don't think a real purge is happening, bad choice of words. I do think that sociopath minority feminist media socialites are exhibiting classic abusive partner/cult behaviors at this point in trying to dictate who feminism is and isn't allowed to talk to though. Maybe a more case of devining virtue down to such a fine point that feminism will be utterly powerless soon.

don't worry ann, feminists have been going too far for a long time now and society hasn't collapsed yet

yet

b2667831fc36e2b244386fb72cdbf836.jpg

exhibiting classic abusive partner/cult behaviors at this point in trying to dictate who feminism is and isn't allowed to talk to though. Maybe a more case of devining virtue down to such a fine point that feminism will be utterly powerless soon.
This is what bums me out about all this. It's the exact same as the fucking Legion of Mary or some of the old school Irish Catholic shit - a vocal group is competing for status among themselves by calling out bad behaviour among other people, or by narrowing the definition of virtue so as to exclude others from the group ... only this time it's what I thought of as the good guys doing it. Over the last few years I've come to understand what the Right hate about the Left

It shouldn't come as a big surprise that there are people active within the "Left" or within feminism who also happen to be assholes. This is massively amplified now by social media and the fractious in-fighting that has always characterised left activist movements is now visible to everyone.its an amazing weapon for the "Right" to use as they can now take the behaviour of some ("Hey, look what this person on Twitter just said") and use it to undermine the entire legitimacy of these movements. The Right don't hate the Left because of the way they conduct their business, they hate them because of fundamental ideological opposition to the entire project. The other stuff is just pretence.

I do agree that it would better if they weren't handed quite so much ammunition all the time.

It shouldn't come as a big surprise that there are people active within the "Left" or within feminism who also happen to be assholes. This is massively amplified now by social media and the fractious in-fighting that has always characterised left activist movements is now visible to everyone.its an amazing weapon for the "Right" to use as they can now take the behaviour of some ("Hey, look what this person on Twitter just said") and use it to undermine the entire legitimacy of these movements.

Exactly this.

The internet is a big place and you can always find in it somewhere, a nugget of stupidity to bolster whatever argument you are trying to make.

Feel a bit weird about this one. He doesn’t strike me as a sexual predator. More like a horndog loser chancing his arm because he was in a couple of hipster bands. Is there a difference? Not to many…

Irish pop star arrested in child grooming sting

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

HamsandwicH acoustically perform the new single ILLUMINATE. The first single to be taken from the new album entitled 'Stories from the Surface' released 17.04.15. Sarah Lynch on violin and Niall Cullinane on Glockenspiel

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back