Cat Lifestyles (2 Viewers)

Needed his arse cleaned last night. Had to be rolled up and pinned down in a towel first. The noises he made.

A bad attitude.
Good to know the last time this happened. And he puked up yellow later. Vets again it is.

Some outside cat was in the blackbirds best yesterday morning. Chucked a stone at it. Not sure about the fledglings yet. But the blackbirds are still hanging about the garden.

The guy that used to live here has moved out, but only just moved nextdoor. In fact he pops in all the time. Nobody told his cat.

So now I have a cat to enjoy, but have zero responsibility for.

Sometimes she's chilled, sometimes she's mad hyper. I'd take a picture, but she's too crafty for that, because cat.

The guy that used to live here has moved out, but only just moved nextdoor. In fact he pops in all the time. Nobody told his cat.

So now I have a cat to enjoy, but have zero responsibility for.

Sometimes she's chilled, sometimes she's mad hyper. I'd take a picture, but she's too crafty for that, because cat.

I was just nodding off there and then I started hearing this scratching sound. I thought it might be a fox on the roof or something (which wouldn't be as strange as you might think). I didn't care, I'm finally sleeping now. But it continued. Eventually a childhood memory came back to me, that's the sound of a cat scratching on the door*.

So I opened the bedroom door. No cat in the hallway. That's odd. Why would she want to come into this room anyway? This isn't her owners old room. Turns out she was already in the room somehow and was trying to get out. When I woke up she hid and refused to run out the open door. Eventually she did, but she's cost me half an hours sleep.

I'd best check she hasn't had a shite somewhere in the room.

*Ted Nugent references will get a banning. The horrible Pantera cover of that song will get a winner, if put in the appropriate thread.

Last edited:
one of our cats has taken to going into rooms, pushing the door closed, scratching at it for five minutes before remembering 'hey, i can open doors myself' before sauntering out just as you come down the stairs at 3am. we've taken to leaving shoes etc. in the doorways so she can't push them closed.

The cat that is not my cat has been mad affectionate/begging for food. Petting her there, we reckon she's preggers.

Actual owner probably doesn't care. Cap'n refers to the cat as "it", not that he doesn't care, he's just too long in the tooth and practical to give it too much thought. So a bit like my parent's and grandparents whenever their cats had kittens.

What am I supposed to do? I loved it when there was loads of kittens running around when I was young, but innocently without the knowledge or realisation that all those kittens died horrible deaths. But then new kittens came.

And where is she going to birth them? I don't want to wake up one morning and find cat placenta in my work shoes.

And I'm totally selfishly ok with having kittens running around and there's plenty of need for them, but it is selfish.

Ah seriously lads, I need some advice here.

I know preggy cat will look after herself. I know that even allowing her to have kittens is probably bad, but it's not my cat and that's not my call. I know that she'll mostly look after herself and I should leave her to it. But here she is, her nest will be here. Owner is ambivalent and certainly not present. And dammit, the cat is so maternal and needy atm that I can't not get involved. She's not giving me a choice.

I've been giving her a bit of extra food. I don't think anyone else is feeding her. I'd guess she's 20 something days in now. Any advice from kitten bearers amongst you would be much appreciated. Seeing as real owner is away for a bit, I have hilariously made myself the midwife of these unborn kittens.

Well actual human cat dad showed up. Slept in the room where the cat nest is for a few nights. Rocking up while I've been doing all the midwifery has me a bit miffed with him to be honest. But actually he's been quite good. He's just living in my gaff without a please or a thank you. Grrrrr. It's fine. It's really fine. Yeah. I said it's fucking fine, alright?

But hey ho, I have to remind myself that it's not my cat. Because it's not.

There are 3 or 4 or 5. No one knows yet because she's not presented them (I didn't know that was a thing). Down the pub people I've never even met have come up to me going "YOU HAVE KITTENS!".

I'd like one or two, but they seem to be all spoken for.

Pictures etc. as and when I can.

Well actual human cat dad showed up. Slept in the room where the cat nest is for a few nights. Rocking up while I've been doing all the midwifery has me a bit miffed with him to be honest. But actually he's been quite good. He's just living in my gaff without a please or a thank you. Grrrrr. It's fine. It's really fine. Yeah. I said it's fucking fine, alright?

But hey ho, I have to remind myself that it's not my cat. Because it's not.

There are 3 or 4 or 5. No one knows yet because she's not presented them (I didn't know that was a thing). Down the pub people I've never even met have come up to me going "YOU HAVE KITTENS!".

I'd like one or two, but they seem to be all spoken for.

Pictures etc. as and when I can.

What was interesting with this one was apparently the catdad would feed her organic vegan stuff. I fed her expensive-ish wet food with a small amount of expensive-ish dry food, which she'd never had before afaik. She didn't prefer the dry food, but she would eat it.
So on the big day I got some Dreamies. She didn't want to know. I've never met a cat that didn't go mental for Dreamies.

This cat can eat dry food, but won't touch catty treats. Any insight appreciated.

What was interesting with this one was apparently the catdad would feed her organic vegan stuff. I fed her expensive-ish wet food with a small amount of expensive-ish dry food, which she'd never had before afaik. She didn't prefer the dry food, but she would eat it.
So on the big day I got some Dreamies. She didn't want to know. I've never met a cat that didn't go mental for Dreamies.

This cat can eat dry food, but won't touch catty treats. Any insight appreciated.
I don't know cats but my dog won't eat treats except for dentastix, which we call 'treats' at home, and he makes it so awkward in coffee shops. They make a fuss of him and ask 'would he like a treat?' and I assure them, no, he's fussy, we won't. But he hears 'treat' and he's all about it, running through his tricks, offering high fives, so they're convinced he does want their homemade organic dog biscuit and they produce it with flourish and he spits it out with distain and heads for the door. He's a real jerk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back