Cat Lifestyles (1 Viewer)

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Dorset | Cat's daily routine baffles owner

A cat is baffling his owner by wandering off at night before expecting to be collected by car every morning at exactly the same time and place. Sgt Podge, a Norwegian Forest Cat, disappears from his owner's home in Talbot Woods, Bournemouth, every night.
The next morning, the 12-year-old cat can always be found in exactly the same place, on a pavement about one and a half miles (2.4km) away.
His owner, Liz Bullard, takes her son to school before collecting Sgt Podge.
She said the routine began earlier this year, when Sgt Podge disappeared one day.

Ms Bullard rang the RSPCA and began telephoning her neighbours to see if anyone had seen him.
An elderly woman who lived about one and a half miles away called back to say she had found a cat matching Sgt Podge's description.
Ms Bullard collected him but within days he vanished again. She rang the elderly woman to find Sgt Podge was back outside her home.

_44235989_podge_incar203.jpg
Owner Liz Bullard thinks Sgt Podge crosses a golf course every night

She said a routine has now become established, where each morning she takes her son to school before driving to collect Sgt Podge from the pavement between 0800 and 0815 GMT.
It is thought Sgt Podge walks across Meyrick Park Golf Course every night to reach his destination.
Ms Bullard said: "If it's raining he may be in the bush but he comes running if I clap my hands."
All she has to do is open the car passenger door from the inside for Sgt Podge to jump in.
Wandering the streets
Ms Bullard also makes the trip at weekends and during school holidays - when her son is having a lie in.
She does not know why, after 12 years, Sgt Podge has begun the routine but explained that another woman who lived nearby used to feed him sardines, and that he may be on the look-out for more treats.
"As long as you know where they are you don't mind as a cat owner," Ms Bullard said.
"I know where to collect him - as long as he's not wandering the streets."
Back at home, Sgt Podge has breakfast before going to sleep by a warm radiator.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

this feline looks JUST like my son, Monty!!! (Except monty is much more handsome)

Dr. Uri is great if you've never seen him. Clawdia and Mr. Pirate are amazing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back