CAPRATONE to Play RAYGUN! (1 Viewer)

Ray Gun

Since 2000
The mighty Capratone are to play Raygun in the Tivoli on the 30th of November! The support is still to be decided so if you think you'd like to play or know who you might like to hear with them ...please post it and let us know! The club will not be going ahead this Thursday (tomorrow) cos the Two gigs in whelans and doyles are on !!

the capratone tale is a long and slightly convoluted one

basically, there have been 2 capratones, and you could maybe even say there is now a 3rd one.

many years ago joss, fiachra and andrew started capratone. they were amazing. they recorded an lp that was never released, as andrew decided he was unhappy with it. which is such a shame as it's absolutely incredible, a huge loss. i am currently selling cd-rs of it for £300.
richie joined capratone as 2nd guitar player to andrew, and they played on for a while then just died away.

couple of years later richie starts a band with joss and fiachra and a chap called eric i think, and they couldn't be arsed coming up with a new name, so capratone mark 2 was born. same name, but a different band, no andrew songs. they put out an lp on folkrum last year.
joss and fiachra both left, so now capratone has no original members, so i guess that makes the new line up mk 3.

andrew is now the asteroids and that EP is his first release. which is insane in my book, so many great songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back