Cancelled (6 Viewers)

if our friends who moved here from overseas weren't here, there would be no taxis at night. I've gotten taxis on 2 separate occasions this year, both times the drivers were of an Asian/Indian disposition, and both times they were complete gentlemen.
I am pretty much never out late. And don't drink, so I can always drive.

But I have gotten utter utter moany pricks at the airport coming back - always Dubs
Swords is too near. Fairview is too near!
Also had a massive go at me back in the day for locking my bike near a rank. It was a "safety hazard".
Any new blood can only be an improvement.

I feel like an idiot for not noticing this though.

It's one of those jokes where it's offensive not quite because it's racist, which it is, but it's offensive because it's not actually funny. Letting everyone down. Tiernan has done a few of those over his career. He likes to be freewheeling, but really he could do with an editor, or someone who'll just tell him "That's bollocks".

But he won't. His chat show is predicated on the idea that he says stuff off the cuff.

I am pretty much never out late. And don't drink, so I can always drive.

But I have gotten utter utter moany pricks at the airport coming back - always Dubs
Swords is too near. Fairview is too near!
Also had a massive go at me back in the day for locking my bike near a rank. It was a "safety hazard".
Any new blood can only be an improvement.

I feel like an idiot for not noticing this though.

is the airport pickup still something of a closed shop? IIRC they needed some class of special badge or something?

Last two Irish taxi drivers I've had we're foul mouthed ejits.

I do recall that there was a thing about Nigerian taxi drivers, loads of them using the same license, yeah there's a photo ID but sure you can't tell them apart. It was gross. Perhaps not untrue, but cunts gonna cunt, wherever they're from. That was mostly in Dublin, but I also saw it in Galway. I hear the same racist trope here in London as well. And yes, there's a kernal of truth to it, but.....

Last edited:
I’ve heard of African taxi drivers hounded away from ranks by local taxi drivers. Nice guys.

My sister's piece of shit ex used to drive a taxi down the country. I knew he was a piece of shit the first time I met him because he started complaining about africans in the trade.

"She said the garment wasn't Burzum merchandise and was created by Belgian fashion designer Raf Simons."

This is the most offensive thing I gleaned from that

Fucking ripoff artist

Mark Hamill has defended himself after he became the centre of fan ire for liking a tweet from JK Rowling that many users deemed “transphobic”.

The prominent Star Wars actor was recently called out by a number of people who discovered he had “liked” the Harry Potter author’s reply to an earlier post made by ITV’s first trans broadcaster, India Willoughby.

“I’m more of a woman than JK Rowling will ever be,” the Loose Women host wrote, to which Rowling responded: “Citation needed.”

So a trans woman is saying they are more of a woman than a biological woman?
A figure of speech no doubt.

There are about 3 contexts here:

1) he's not in trouble with the wokerati for liking a JK Rowling tweet that said something specific, he's in trouble for liking ANY JK Rowling tweet about trans stuff, which is about 95% of her tweets these days.

2) People on all sides of every aisle love to have a hubbub on twitter every 20 seconds about the most inconsequential things.

3) Newspapers make money by scaring their readership of middle aged and old people so it's in their interests to blow this nothing up into something.

Mark Hamill will continue to have no problems getting jobs, JK Rowling will continue to sell books, a few twitter people will continue to make a bit of a living from their podcast about intersectional decolonialism/ being censored by the woke left, delete as you see fit.

Last edited:
Everyone on twitter is a transphobe anyways.

As we say in Germany, if there's a Transphobe at the table and 10 other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with 11 transpobes.

which is kinda the plot of 12 angry men, with one less person

Everyone on twitter is a transphobe anyways.

As we say in Germany, if there's a Transphobe at the table and 10 other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with 11 transpobes.

which is kinda the plot of 12 angry men, with one less person

so --- what you're saying is Henry Fonda is more of a woman than JK Rowling.

Got it.

You might have noticed the Country to Country ads on repeat on Radio1 featuring "Lady A" in the lineup

They changed their name from Lady Antebellum in respect for U.S. history/racial sensitivity.

It just seems so tokenistic to me. If the word itself is so loaded why not change the name completely?
Were people, not just one journalist genuinely upset at the use of the word?

"So, Lady A, what does the "A" stand for?"

"umm.. "

There, that's my morning middle-aged gripe out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back