Cancelled (3 Viewers)

Conversely -

BTS are huge entity with managment and PR spending multiple working years creating a superhumanly perfected image of a group of singers and dancers. Every person working on the BTS team has the goal of turning non interested parties into fans, and fans into superfans. Obviously viral elements are amplifying this but, the point of the excercise, which is to get people to live and breathe their product was going to land perfectly once, and this is the outcome.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that the whole machine had to get it right once.

I had to google BTS.

'sayin..

You're now canceled for putting that idea in my head and making me imagine it

Will I get cancelled for hiring a Jamaican woman (in Jamaica, via fiverr) to do some dancehall-style toasting on a Stoat song?

been thinking a little about this while I was doing the dishes earlier. I’m going to risk a completely sincere answer.

if you would do this, a lot would depend on the extent of the collaboration involved. so, if you just turn up with money and a pre-made plan, and get someone to sing it, then you’re extracting a resource, so to say. or what Jay Springett calls “cultural fracking.” (whether or not that would result in an outcome that you’re aesthetically happy with is an open question)

whereas, if this vocal recording would somehow emerge from a process of collaboration and interplay, then it would have a very different perspective. I would doubt whether something like that would even be possible via a platform like fiverr. it’s not the same as having an upstairs neighbour who does dub toasting that you get to know and start to form a collaborative artistic relationship with.

(this is all without even getting into larger surrounding issues... race, postcolonialism, labour, precarity, yadda yadda)

as to whether or not you would get cancelled... that depends on how bloodthirsty a mood twitter is in on the day you release the track

Mr Miagi once said

Once there is one doubt, there can be no certainty.

You came here with doubt. Not really addressing the ethics here, but if you have doubts about the art at all then I'd say it's a no, but possibly a no that requires conversation to explore what your instincts were trying to do.

The Karate Kid Nod GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back