Cancelled (3 Viewers)

How many Koreans would you say give a flying fuck? I'd say approximately none at all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's what the twitter mob thinks is what's important.

the irony of it all is that the trans athletes are probably the only ones competing honestly.

I missed this post last weekend, but a lot of stuff surfaced on twitter after a New Zealand trans weightlifter was legally banned from competing in womens sport.

Weightlifting, where the most effective way to cheat is to take testosterone, a fucking male hormone.

So we have trans athletes who are 'too masculine' competing against non-trans athletes who want to be more masculine.

I get that trans athletes is a very complicated thing, but high-level competitive sport is so fucking immoral, to me, trans athletes are like a breath of fresh air.
Is weightifting not like boxing anyway, weight categories and all that?

It's what the twitter mob thinks is what's important.
It's more or less what GB News thinks is important at this point. WAR ON WOKE

I think part of Scutter's point is that trans and non binary folks will always be under more scrutiny and have additional rules to follow.

That Caster Semenya, a cis woman, was banned because she had naturally high levels of testosterone is outrageous beyond belief.

Yeah but an 80kg cis man, or trans woman is likely to be stronger than an 80kg cis woman
mmm, I guess. The entire thing is a house of cards anyway isn't it? It's not like everyone else is on some equal footing considering we all have different bodies from day one. Humm.

I think part of Scutter's point is that trans and non binary folks will always be under more scrutiny and have additional rules to follow.

That Caster Semenya, a cis woman, was banned because she had naturally high levels of testosterone is outrageous beyond belief.
another part of my point is that in elite sport, athletes do whatever they can to get a physical advantage over their opponents. That quite often involves cheating.

In my mind that kind of removes any credibility from any claim any of them might have about the unfairness of competing against a trans athlete due to their physiological advantage.

Yeah - I was thinking that after I posted. e.g. Semenya's performances were believable but Paula Radcliffe - a doping fraud, had the nerve to cheerlead banning Semenya.
I used to like Radcliffe but she's morally bankrupt - I am always surprised she hasn't been cancelled - yet .

How many Koreans would you say give a flying fuck? I'd say approximately none at all.

I believe if you scroll down the article you can see some Koreans giving a fuck.

How come Clint Eastwood hasn't been cancelled yet? Is it not ageist to not cancel him?

200.gif

I feel a bit sorry for the manager who had to put our the statement explaining the Korean part of this. 15% isn't enough.

the best bit:

The prolific Instagrammer, TikToker and Twitter user then shared an image of “my new official flag for being a non-binary person who identifies as Korean.”

when I was first looking at that link, I was having a sort of raised-eyebrow, kids-these-days type of reaction, but then I realised that the guy is 31. so, whatever else about any other identity-politics stuff, I’d sort of be worried about the idea that a dude in their thirties is saying this kind of thing. like maybe he’s not ok.

Hot take:

31 year olds on the internet are not adults.

Or, as we used to say back in the oldy internet times: 'sayin

so, whatever else about any other identity-politics stuff, I’d sort of be worried about the idea that a dude in their thirties is saying this kind of thing. like maybe he’s not ok.
They've spent something like 150 grand altering their face to look like a member of BTS. That's not the sort of thing an person who is ok does

They've spent something like 150 grand altering their face to look like a member of BTS. That's not the sort of thing an person who is ok does

Conversely -

BTS are huge entity with managment and PR spending multiple working years creating a superhumanly perfected image of a group of singers and dancers. Every person working on the BTS team has the goal of turning non interested parties into fans, and fans into superfans. Obviously viral elements are amplifying this but, the point of the excercise, which is to get people to live and breathe their product was going to land perfectly once, and this is the outcome.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that the whole machine had to get it right once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back