Cancelled (7 Viewers)

Neil’s show will include a section called “Woke Watch”, highlighting perceived examples of political correctness gone mad, and “Media Watch”, patrolling the supposed liberal biases of the media.

Classic FM104. I did work experience there 20 years ago and it was a rancid place to be. The people who drove the jeeps around town were sound enough but aside from that…

Looks like John Waters has finally overstepped the mark. Right wing irish Twitter distancing themselves from him all over the place
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Waters has been ranting about "cultural marxism" for years, long before Gemma started playing catchup. I get the impression she just had her brain melted by the youtube algorithm but he's been this bad for a long, long time.

In the Heights has been cancelled for not being diverse enough. Director John M. Chu and writer Lin-Manuel Miranda to be executed by public hanging.

I was in a social work thing there lately, a discussion with some people who'd made a movie about emojis, and of course everyone was asking about diversity and skin-tone in emojis etc. One of the makers of the movie was saying that some of these things need to be approved by the ISO standards body on which various countries have a say, and that it was frustrating that lots of countries weren't interested in the skin tone stuff

Pretty sure nobody understood the irony of disregarding the views of non-Americans in the name of diversity

I'm sure i'll never see the Emoji Movie so I don't know if skintones come up in it, but assuming they don't it'd be amazing if you could choose what skintone all the emojis have on it while watching, like you can with actual emojis.

Looks like John Waters has finally overstepped the mark. Right wing irish Twitter distancing themselves from him all over the place
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On the morning after the repeal referendum, I walked straight past john waters on dun laoghaire seafront. he was not looking like he was having a good day. I still dream of having had some perfect bon mot to have tossed his way in the moment, but alas, it was not to be.

also, the kid that he and sinead had together is now in their late teens, and presumably starting to ask themselves some questions about the world. such as: why does everyone think my mother is nuts, when my dad is actually totally bonkers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back