Cancelled (2 Viewers)

Meh. The chances that her or 99% of the people at that event knew any of the history in 1999 is pretty remote. Not saying the event isn't bad and all the people running it aren't complicit but you grow up where you grow up and you're told what you're told, no one was talking about decolonizing beauty pageants in 1999. I'm all for burning down America, or at the very least taxing the rich, but she isn't the problem here.
Has she had anything to say on all this? Not going to be easy to navigate her way out unless she disses the event.

Has she had anything to say on all this? Not going to be easy to navigate her way out unless she disses the event.
She could just shift the blame to some other child millionaire actor like Rooney Mara or Rose Leslie or anyone making pop music right now. "At least my dad didn't plan a genocide in the CIA" or something.

Maybe just cancel all millionaires (and above) plus their children to be safe. They're all clearly in the wrong.

Controversial, but I just can't be pissed off at people born into money. It doesn't seem that far away from blaming poor people for being poor.
I agree, also from looking at that article it looks like most of the people tweeting about it are white middle class hipsters.

But then, this article could just be be 5 or 6 random tweets with a few random words thrown together and the reason Ellie Kemper hasn't made a statement is because no one actually really cares.

If we had no millionaires/billionaires etc we wouldn't have to worry about people being born into money.

Controversial, but I just can't be pissed off at people born into money. It doesn't seem that far away from blaming poor people for being poor.
Absolutely, and I want to tax them in a completely impersonalized way as well. We want to tax them because they're rich not because they're bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back