Cancelled (2 Viewers)

An unsparing "St Vincent is cancelled" analysis of it:

I'm gonna find a "you're all being unfair to St Vincent who is just making art, get a grip expecting her to be Lenin" piece to post here (the guardian maybe?) before moving on in this news cycle.

God damn it, it's rare that there is someone current in the mainstream (ish) rock world whose music I like and now I find out she's trying to block interviews & she makes her manager walk around the corner. I'm conflicted.

Last edited:

"Folks on Twitter have voiced their disdain over the fact that Ellie Kemper would associate with an organisation that allegedly has a racist past."

hahahahahahahahaha
never heard of her until now. Kemper comes from an extremely privileged wealthy background so there's any amount of reasons to cancel her.

I'm just laughing at the idea of giving out to someone for taking part in some dumb local beauty pageant aged 19 and being like "Have you read the entire history of everyone who has ever had anything to do with this and considered how this reflects on your CV." Get a fucking grip.

be careful Lili - you might get cancelled for saying dumb!
why would a rich woman would even enter a beauty pageant?
usually it's underprivileged people who have feck all opportunities and hope that getting some attention might open some doors for them.

be careful Lili - you might get cancelled for saying dumb!
why would a rich woman would even enter a beauty pageant?
usually it's underprivileged people who have feck all opportunities and hope that getting some attention might open some doors for them.

Was it a beauty pagent or a debutantes ball kind of thing (not like The Debs after school here)? Because the second one is definitely rich-person stuff.

having just read the wiki article the event is bad as you could imagine.
Kemper's very lucky this wasn't brought up until now
Meh. The chances that her or 99% of the people at that event knew any of the history in 1999 is pretty remote. Not saying the event isn't bad and all the people running it aren't complicit but you grow up where you grow up and you're told what you're told, no one was talking about decolonizing beauty pageants in 1999. I'm all for burning down America, or at the very least taxing the rich, but she isn't the problem here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back