Cancelled (3 Viewers)

Anyone else remember Selene drinking a can of coke and there was a wasp inside?

She died for a minute. On the beach. The glare of the sun. Puzzled cinematographers. Or perhaps a talented one wasting away relishing the opportunity. The hard glare, the wasp rattling around the can and the out of body moment. With Isla Fisher looking at her.

It was hot stuff around the mid 90s. Chloe.
found that too - this is intense :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn't even watch TV in 1995 so I know none of this era of Home and Away.
@ 2:22 she has a weird flashback to her out of body experience involving a CURE poster on her wall !

For someone who didn't watch the show.... I seem to remember a lot more of that than I should. Maybe it was the talk of the classroom the next day, or I absorbed an awful lot idly channel surfing.

@ 2:22 she has a weird flashback to her out of body experience involving a CURE poster on her wall !

For me, the bjeur rating was through the roof as a pre-adolescent watching Home & Away 94/95... Chloe.

[This was wild when I was eleven or twelve. Out the countryside, like].

Curtis was a bit of a fool though. Shane and Tug was a better era for the wayward boy stuff.

The buzz of a rake of ten and eleven year olds watching Home & Away was this sense of knowing a lot about sex... it was a moment of false empowerment and fake knowledge. And of course that's the success of the show coming through for the pre-teen marketers.

For me, the bjeur rating was through the roof as a pre-adolescent watching Home & Away 94/95... Chloe.

[This was wild when I was eleven or twelve. Out the countryside, like].

Curtis was a bit of a fool though. Shane and Tug was a better era for the wayward boy stuff.

The buzz of a rake of ten and eleven year olds watching Home & Away was this sense of knowing a lot about sex... it was a moment of false empowerment and fake knowledge. And of course that's the success of the show coming through for the pre-teen marketers.

funnily enough I watched that clip tonight when looking for the 'Selina nearly died' scene.
never saw either of them before.
I was a miserable fucker pushing 20 by then who refused to watch TV as protest against the world I was a victim of being total shit.

Home and Away started when I was nearly 13 and I quit watching it about the time I turned 15.
before that there was nothing like it - not on Irish TV anyway.
also shortly after Home and Away started we got Degrassi Jr High in 1989.

Hahaha that's amazin, it sure beats "Aah me eyes!! I cannae see!!"

Still have nightmares

Good read here

A good time to revisit this reflection on the Battenberg cake, in honour of Prince Philip

Still have nightmares

WOW ! RE : Bobby Simpson aka Nicolle Dickson.
for over 20 years I wrongly thought Nicolle had died in the 90's.
I remember seeing her picture in a paper a few years after she left H&A and somehow got the impression she had died of cancer - BUT I just realized she is still alive and kicking, now in her 50's.
phew ! that's made my day.
I was obviously fairly mental in the mid 90's to have been that delusional .

I've been reading a lot of Home & Away related wikipedia entries the last few days, it started when I went looking for a picture of Damian after he came back as a poet with dreadlocks but I couldn't find one. I didn't realise he went off to be a priest in the end, that must have been long after my time.

I've been reading a lot of Home & Away related wikipedia entries the last few days, it started when I went looking for a picture of Damian after he came back as a poet with dreadlocks
hahaha. oh the memories

St Vincent. She got her team to kill an interview which apparently showed her in a bad light and she's getting roasted by music writer twitter atm. I read the interview. It was fine. Interviewer kept trying to ask St Vincent about her criminal dad and St Vincent clearly didn't want to talk about it.

lol I really like her music but her dad being a millionaire criminal is way more interesting than anything she has ever said in an interview or in her lyrics.

St Vincent. She got her team to kill an interview which apparently showed her in a bad light and she's getting roasted by music writer twitter atm. I read the interview. It was fine. Interviewer kept trying to ask St Vincent about her criminal dad and St Vincent clearly didn't want to talk about it.
TOLD YAS SHE WAS A WANKER!!

isn't her new album about her criminal dad coming home from being in jail?

I do have sympathy though. I saw her in an instagram live with Paul McCartney last week and she is every bit as socially awkward as I am. I can completely understand how interviews would be a nightmare for her.

I think @Lili Marlene said here before that he likes her music but not her (racist). I think I like her more than her music but I like her music. But I find her social awkwardness very endearing.

isn't her new album about her criminal dad coming home from being in jail?

I do have sympathy though. I saw her in an instagram live with Paul McCartney last week and she is every bit as socially awkward as I am. I can completely understand how interviews would be a nightmare for her.

I think @Lili Marlene said here before that he likes her music but not her (racist). I think I like her more than her music but I like her music. But I find her social awkwardness very endearing.

I interviewed her years ago when I was blogging. She seemed to like that I was asking her about guitars and stuff, probably because it meant she didn't have to about herself too much.

I read the interview that got killed, I didn't see a lot wrong with it. She probably didn't enjoy the repeated questions about her dad but if your new album is called Daddy's Home and your dad just got out of jail it's going to be a conversation point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back