Cancelled (4 Viewers)

Exactly as Bo Diddley envisioned it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

did a lot of people appear in both Neighbours and Home & Away? I didn't follow either.

Exactly as Bo Diddley envisioned it

did a lot of people appear in both Neighbours and Home & Away? I didn't follow either.

Yeah - I haven't watched Home and Away regularly since 1990 but when I quit there was a teenager on it called Sophie Simpson who now plays Therese on Neighbours.
Sophie was a tearaway who after all the other older original foster kids moved out became a big sister to Sally.

there was once a thumped regular who had a BIG thing for Rebekah Emaloglou since her days playing Sophie on H&A who posted photos of her here several times when the opportunity arose.

another strange one was a character called Gary Samuels on Home and Away in the late 80's.
actor Darius Perkins had also played Scott (aka Jason Donovan's character) in Neighbours but was sacked early on due to unreliability and replaced by Jason.
Foster kid Carly had a load of horrible storylines happen to her including being raped. when Gary Samuels showed up in Summer Bay he looked almost exactly like her attacker and Carly thought it was the guy but the cops later picked up the real guy who looked extremely similar.
poor Carly felt terrible for blaming the wrong guy and Gary Samuels became her boyfriend.
but he was a nasty bullying, prick, who loved ruining her confidence and frightening her.
he took her up onto a cliff in Summer Bay and at the end of that episode he died a after jumping off a cliff
in front of Carly.
he was trying to jump onto a ledge below to frighten her but the fool got it wrong.
poor old Carly.

the guy who played Scott and Gary Samuels died a few years ago but I never he knew had been Scott on Neighbours until then.

amazing how much I was into Home and Away 1988-1990 !

Last edited:
Kylie and Jason and the one that did the video for that song in the nip.

I think everyone from Australia was in it at some point.

Edit: Holly Valance is the one in the nip
The amazing thing about that Holly Valance song (I mean, aside from the video) is that it was a cover of a cover, originally sung by some Turkish lad who had a hit "on the continent", then by some forgotten major label alsoran in the USA, before Holly finally made it a proper hit.

Remember Holly Valance turning up in Taken for no reason? Good times. I hope she's doing well, hopefully she'll do a sugar club gig soon.

The amazing thing about that Holly Valance song (I mean, aside from the video) is that it was a cover of a cover, originally sung by some Turkish lad, then by some forgotten major label alsoran in the USA, before Holly finally made it a proper hit.

Remember Holly Valance turning up in Taken for no reason? Good times. I hope she's doing well, hopefully she'll do a sugar club gig soon.

I looked her up there lately cos I'm a creep and found out she married some millionaire lad in America and is doing well, thanks for asking

he took her up onto a cliff in Summer Bay and at the end of that episode he died a after jumping off a cliff
in front of Carly.
he was trying to jump onto a ledge below to frighten her but the fool got it wrong.
poor old Carly.
I remember this, when they shot the scene it was clearly some guy throwing a crappy looking dummy off a cliff and shouting "Aaah" It was the most hilariously shit thing I ever saw on tv.

there was once a thumped regular who had a BIG thing for Rebekah Emaloglou since her days playing Sophie on H&A who posted photos of her here several times when the opportunity arose.
Was it nudey goth photos of her?

rebekah-elmaloglou-9740.jpg

Last edited:
well it was either Going for Gold, or Neighbours when I went home for lunch when I was in school. I stopped watching Neighbours when Kylie Minogue left so I don't think I made it as far as the 90sMe and my siblings skipped school in order to follow teh Scott and Charelene storyline
Me and my siblings skipped school to follow the Scott and Charelene storyline. Halcyon days.

The amazing thing about that Holly Valance song (I mean, aside from the video) is that it was a cover of a cover, originally sung by some Turkish lad who had a hit "on the continent", then by some forgotten major label alsoran in the USA, before Holly finally made it a proper hit.

The Turkish version is way better.

Anyone else remember Selene drinking a can of coke and there was a wasp inside?

She died for a minute. On the beach. The glare of the sun. Puzzled cinematographers. Or perhaps a talented one wasting away relishing the opportunity. The hard glare, the wasp rattling around the can and the out of body moment. With Isla Fisher looking at her.

It was hot stuff around the mid 90s. Chloe.

Sophie aka Therese aka Rebekah Elmanoglou leaves Home and Away in 1993

poor Sally loses her best friend...

Anyone else remember Selene drinking a can of coke and there was a wasp inside?

She died for a minute. On the beach. The glare of the sun. Puzzled cinematographers. Or perhaps a talented one wasting away relishing the opportunity. The hard glare, the wasp rattling around the can and the out of body moment. With Isla Fisher looking at her.

It was hot stuff around the mid 90s. Chloe.
For someone who didn't watch the show.... I seem to remember a lot more of that than I should. Maybe it was the talk of the classroom the next day, or I absorbed an awful lot idly channel surfing.

I remember this, when they shot the scene it was clearly some guy throwing a crappy looking dummy off a cliff and shouting "Aaah" It was the most hilariously shit thing I ever saw on tv.
here's Gary Samuels' death from Home and Away circa 1989:

''AAH!'' HAHAHAHAHAHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back