Cancelled (5 Viewers)

Some of the stuff that the FA has let this guy off the hook for saying is awful

the panel misfired badly and came up with absurd conclusions outside their brief - ''Yems didn't realise he was being racist''.
the FA top brass are apparently furious.

the panel misfired badly and came up with absurd conclusions outside their brief - ''Yems didn't realise he was being racist''.
the FA top brass are apparently furious.

He's done an interview this morning, presumably on talksport where he apparently said something about how if anything he's the one who is owed apologies.

wanker

really loved his style as a cyclist. Had a real no-fucks-given attitude and would go off attacking on alpine stages from the start. Everyone hated him for it.

and now I hate him. cunt.
Good that the shotguns are gone
Dude needs to get to an AA meeting and get his life on track

This is one of those wake-up calls life gives you

wanker

really loved his style as a cyclist. Had a real no-fucks-given attitude and would go off attacking on alpine stages from the start. Everyone hated him for it.

and now I hate him. cunt.
I haven't really heard anything about Moreau since he retired but I remember he meet her when she was working on the Tour.
I never saw this coming; should have seen the warning signs that Cipollini was dangerous though. usually the ex-partner/mother is overwhelmingly the victim but Moreau's daughters were also victims and Cipollini's daughters were scared of him.

a friend of mine is a music lecturer in the states and has the impossible task every year of teaching students about julius eastman

Not sure if you saw the fairly ludicrous controversy in 2019 when Mary Anne Leach (firend & colleague of Eastman) was invited to a festivael to speak about him, then promptly removed for doing so...

I haven't really heard anything about Moreau since he retired but I remember he meet her when she was working on the Tour.
I never saw this coming; should have seen the warning signs that Cipollini was dangerous though. usually the ex-partner/mother is overwhelmingly the victim but Moreau's daughters were also victims and Cipollini's daughters were scared of him.
Cippo was always a total bully. He had a bit of flair as a rider so people chose not to look past that. I was never a fan.

Not sure if you saw the fairly ludicrous controversy in 2019 when Mary Anne Leach (firend & colleague of Eastman) was invited to a festivael to speak about him, then promptly removed for doing so...
That is fucking mental

And it happens all the time

What would be an appropriate way to talk about a composer who used controversial titles while himself acknowledging the controversy they caused? It’s a complex question, but I didn’t get the feeling that addressing the complexity of it was a priority for the protesters—especially the ones who skipped my actual lecture and showed up only for the after-discussion—who seemed less interested in Eastman as a composer than as a pawn for talk about issues of other kinds.

Of course
Bunch of shit-stirring dopes

Good writing by the lady on Eastman though - I didn't know anything about him other than his records

yeah this was part of what made this friend of mine so nervous about doing her work. luckily she’s amazing and is teaching some great students and has been able to step through the minefield most years without any explosions. fair play to julius eastman for trolling the world from beyond the grave though

I actually always hated him, except when Cavendish came along
Mario Cipollini never caused a bad crash that I can remember - he was usually too far ahead. Cav was a bastard as a young lad for doing dangerous shit and refusing to admit anything - never mind apologising.

Cipollini was in a few bad crashes that weren't his fault - WARNING cyclists get seriously hurt in these clips.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the bike flying through the air hit Giuseppe Palumbo and broke his collar bone. lovely Mario said Palumbo got what he deserved as he had no business being in the sprint.

and famously this is why having two sprinters on the same team (and not wearing a helmet) ain't a good idea.
Adriano Baffi nearly kills team mate Cipollini before winning a 1994 Vuelta stage

immediately under this clip on youtube was an interview with Sabrina Cipollini which had more views than the above clip...

Mario Cipollini never caused a bad crash that I can remember - he was usually too far ahead. Cav was a bastard as a young lad for doing dangerous shit and refusing to admit anything - never mind apologising.

Cipollini was in a few bad crashes that weren't his fault - WARNING cyclists get seriously hurt in these clips.

the bike flying through the air hit Giuseppe Palumbo and broke his collar bone. lovely Mario said Palumbo got what he deserved as he had no business being in the sprint.

and famously this is why having two sprinters on the same team (and not wearing a helmet) ain't a good idea.
Adriano Baffi nearly kills team mate Cipollini before winning a 1994 Vuelta stage

immediately under this clip on youtube was an interview with Sabrina Cipollini which had more views than the above clip...

It doesn't look like Baffi knew too much about Cippolini coming from behind him there, until after the crash. But he's a prick for celebrating afterwards!

if Baffi, who was clueless of Cipollini coming, had been DQ for going so sideways it would have been Lee Bowyer v Kieron Dyer stuff.
Groenewegen (Jakobsen crash) in Poland wasn't nearly a dangerous as that.

Tommy Tiernan, TV celeb and part-time hatemonger

Trying to read between the lines here - the only time I ever get a taxi is for the airport, if that
Are Dublin taxi drivers mostly black now?
That is not my experience.

To be clear, if our African brothers have worked their way into the taxi game in decent numbers, then I think that's a good thing on the whole. Just hadn't realised it was a 'thing'.

Last edited:

Trying to read between the lines here - the only time I ever get a taxi is for the airport, if that

To be clear, if our African brothers have worked their way into the taxi game in decent numbers, then I think that's a good thing on the whole. Just hadn't realised it was a 'thing'.

Jeeesus. Literally, I think.

if our friends who moved here from overseas weren't here, there would be no taxis at night. I've gotten taxis on 2 separate occasions this year, both times the drivers were of an Asian/Indian disposition, and both times they were complete gentlemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back