Cancelled (3 Viewers)

fair enough. still horrible.
it is. I met a large pig in the home of a former Dublin art rocker who began life as a tiny house pig* and had ended up neglected and living alone in an outhouse. Poor thing was so friendly and its pen smelled of piss and was all overgrown with a pond of stagnant water.

*the pig, not the rocker

it is. I met a large pig in the home of a former Dublin art rocker who began life as a tiny house pig* and had ended up neglected and living alone in an outhouse. Poor thing was so friendly and its pen smelled of piss and was all overgrown with a pond of stagnant water.

*the pig, not the rocker

was it gugai?

Academia with its head up its arse shooting itself in the foot apfu

View attachment 16546
View attachment 16547
Yeah i was reading that yesterday, crazy story. I keep getting to the bits where it goes "she gave loads of warnings and asked if anyone was uncomfortable" and then to the bits where people are going "I was appalled and shocked that she did this in front of me with no warning" and just getting confused.

It's like a slow news day Fox story planted to wring a bit more out of war on woke. Was it just written to give Tucker something to frown at this week?

I dunno, man
I just read it
Not concerned about where it puts me in the culture wars or who's on what side of it

It's more about how the institution reacted - scared and make-it-go-away - that seems typical of most large institutions.
From the Catholic Church to some university I never heard of before, it's always protect the institution and staying out of the news, which always comes before acting with any adherence to values or principles.

We hate racism and when we see someone getting sacked for it, it feels kinda right. But it's basically the same shit.
They don't care about the muslim student any more than they do about the adjunct or even the specifics of the case.

Hamline’s president, Fayneese S. Miller, co-signed an email that said respect for the Muslim students “should have superseded academic freedom.”
This isn't just kind of a fucked up thing to say for a university president - it's also not even sincere. It just sounds like the right thing for this person to say to get on the right side of public opinion.
It's face-saving and damage control masquerading as respect.

And this kind of shit is everywhere, just not to the same degree where you can clearly see it.

I don't have a lot of time for private universities in the USA, but I do get that if you're a for-profit business and the New York Times is reporting on your hiring and firing then you'll probably say anything to try and get the story to go away.

I don't have a lot of time for private universities in the USA, but I do get that if you're a for-profit business and the New York Times is reporting on your hiring and firing then you'll probably say anything to try and get the story to go away.
This all happened before the NYT got involved
It was a reaction to the student throwing a wobbler

This isn't just kind of a fucked up thing to say for a university president - it's also not even sincere. It just sounds like the right thing for this person to say to get on the right side of public opinion.
It's face-saving and damage control masquerading as respect.
Indeed. The university's actions are pathetic, and that student sounds like a Muslim equivalent of Enoch Burke. Fuck him and his religious horseshit

there was a case in the states where a professor was essentially forced to resign after a student approached her for recommendations on further reading, and she lent him her copy of dick gregory's autobiography; which is simply titled (uncensored) 'n*****'.

there was a case in the states where a professor was essentially forced to resign after a student approached her for recommendations on further reading, and she lent him her copy of dick gregory's autobiography; which is simply titled (uncensored) 'n*****'.

a friend of mine is a music lecturer in the states and has the impossible task every year of teaching students about julius eastman

He often gave his pieces titles with provocative political intent, such as Evil Nigger and Gay Guerrilla, and has been acclaimed following new performances and reissues of his music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back