Cancelled (2 Viewers)

I'm enjoying what he's doing. Mostly because of the type of toxic pricks that are most upset over it. Its a beautiful complement to watching Britain destroy itself with their Brexit bollox.

I’m hoping there’s another season of this…

harry is getting some stick for counting how many people he killed, which is a little unfair.
i count how many kilometres i cycle, and plenty of people with fitbits count how many steps they've taken. how many people you have killed is a little more important, and one should not be blase about these things.

harry is getting some stick for counting how many people he killed, which is a little unfair.
i count how many kilometres i cycle, and plenty of people with fitbits count how many steps they've taken. how many people you have killed is a little more important, and one should not be blase about these things.
A friend of mine was formerly in the British Army and from his telling of things, it seems utterly normal to keep a count. Never in a bragging way, I think it’s genuinely part of the job to keep account of these things.

A friend of mine was formerly in the British Army and from his telling of things, it seems utterly normal to keep a count. Never in a bragging way, I think it’s genuinely part of the job to keep account of these things.

I suppose it's dependant on context, both in how you feel about the count and the way that you relay that information to people.

"I live with the knowledge that I've killed 25 people" is very different from "I killed 25 people in Afghanistan!!!"

I suppose it's dependant on context, both in how you feel about the count and the way that you relay that information to people.

"I live with the knowledge that I've killed 25 people" is very different from "I killed 25 people in Afghanistan!!!"
It is, and my friend never brags about it. Only once did he mention it during a long conversation about personal responsibility or something along those lines.

They were only people. T'would be worse if they were British swans. His granny'd go mental.

Not that I particularly care about this guy, but am I getting it right that he's turned even more people against him and herself with this whingey, cringey tell-all?
Or is public opinion still evenly divided on these dopes?

These are perhaps impossible questions

I'm not sure if anyone was agin him before the latest mouth-scat.

But there certainly are people agin him now. You know how the Brits feel about mass murder, totally in favour, but don't talk about it.

My bet is they get divorced and one of them shacks up with a Kardashian. Not sure which one though, could be Meghan, could be Harry. Fuckit, could even be George. Or Andrew.

it's a not very fascinating psychodrama of what goes wrong if you pile a load of bollocks responsibility on someone who's a member of a deeply weird institution.
it's a dichotomy of 'oh look, here's someone better than you who deserves way more than you do, but by the same token we need to send him off to war to prove he's doing his bit like any normal civilian; but he's gone and ruined it by talking even slightly openly about what 'war' involves'.

i kinda like him because he seems to be the most normal person in the whole affair.

it's a not very fascinating psychodrama of what goes wrong if you pile a load of bollocks responsibility on someone who's a member of a deeply weird institution.
it's a dichotomy of 'oh look, here's someone better than you who deserves way more than you do, but by the same token we need to send him off to war to prove he's doing his bit like any normal civilian; but he's gone and ruined it by talking even slightly openly about what 'war' involves'.

i kinda like him because he seems to be the most normal person in the whole affair.
The dichotomy for me is the stiff-upper-lip, resolute and unwavering Englishness, being co-opted by the Californian leave-no-emotion-undiscussed and mine the seam of every trauma.
Inner strength and stoicism versus kumbaya and victimhood.
Do your job or call in cos you are having a personal growth day?

Everyone tries to strike this balance for themselves; how much do you stick to your resolve and how often do you tap out? Very few people are either one or the other. We're all a blend.
But this is an ancient institution of one view that has basically had a smash & grab raid done on it by the other.

I mean they could all die in a fire for all I care, but it is interesting on that level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back