Cancelled (3 Viewers)

Dyslexia doesn’t really exist in Italian as the words are pronounced exactly as written, there’s no funny business like we have in English with words like rough and though.

I do remember in particular Urdu was and interesting one, as it’s written backwards and forward in alternating lines or something - the whole phonetic c order thing

Dyslexia doesn’t really exist in Italian as the words are pronounced exactly as written, there’s no funny business like we have in English with words like rough and though.
I thought dyslexia was a difficulty in identifying the shapes of letters, not bad spelling?

i used to help a dyslexic colleague out on important emails he'd send - he had trouble with the shape of words, singular vs. plural, tense etc.

Dyslexia is a funny one. It must have existed before we invented writing, but we couldn't have known about it

another made-up problem from the woke cancel mob going around inventing writing just to make ordinary dyslexics look bad — spiked headline from 5000-ish BCE

another made-up problem from the woke cancel mob going around inventing writing just to make ordinary dyslexics look bad — spiked headline from 5000-ish BC
cancel culture probably was more direct at the time.
being bashed over the head, having your throat slit, and being thrown in a bog to appease the gods was pretty popular

Dyslexia is framed as a problem with reading but when you actually study people with dyslexia they show enhancements in other areas of cognition and tasks like visualising spatial arrangements. And the fact that only dyslexia’s weaknesses are discussed reinforces the need for the neurodiversity movement.
Was actually talking about this with a woman at the kids swimming class the other night. She’s dyslexic, and works as an engineer in Intel. She mentioned she has enhanced spatial awareness and is often able to come up with solutions to things that other people tend not to pick up on. It was very interesting

Erm ... are you responding to something @nuke terrorist said here?
Not really but there is definitely a lot of people out there who are triggered by autistic people saying things about their autism.

I thought dyslexia was a difficulty in identifying the shapes of letters, not bad spelling?
Neither. Both. One of them. It’s different for everyone and a common problem can be mapping graphemes (the chunks of writing that make up words) to phonemes (the sounds they represent). So for me as a typical reader, I can rapidly read a word and know what it sounds like but for a dyslexic like my sister in law, she can read the word Lebanese and sound it out as Lesbian (real example). If she slows down, she can do it but that doesn’t make for efficient or enjoyable reading so occasional errors are preferable to reading at a geological pace.

That’s the thing with neurodiversity, it better represents the reality as it places diversity at the centre of the understanding of the brain - not the old medical/American health insurance model where individuals are crammed into predefined categories for ease of administration. Like not all ASD people are the same even though they are in a discrete category from a psychiatric point of view.

It’s more likely that he meant “called by” rather than “called in” here

Written about the conflict in Northern Ireland, the lyrics contain a racial slur used to describe Irish Catholics.
"That's what my grandfather was called in the British army - it's historically a fact,"

he doesn't actually say in the quotes attributed to him that he thinks he *shouldn't* play the song - it sounds like he's pre-empting the censorship, and also doesn't want to have to explain the context anymore to people who assume the wrong meaning.

Ok, he was a wrong un of the highest order, but destroying the art? ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Like, what an amazing way for the empire to end: Viz characters smashing up statues at the very heart of it. More of this please, Britain do continue, you need to stop the paedos!

is the statue of a kid getting fiddled?
Prospero and Ariel apparently. Although if you have enough classics education to already know this then you're probably that lads next target.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back