Cancelled (5 Viewers)

Has anyone actually gotten rid of albums, films, books ect...by artists that haven been exposed as abusers or generally horrible people?

Has anyone actually gotten rid of albums, films, books ect...by artists that haven been exposed as abusers or generally horrible people?
I got rid of a load of Black Metal stuff I had by bands that were a bit dodgy (or full on mental like Burzum). I decided that I didn’t need a bunch of Nazi shit in my house. That said, there are artists who used fascist imagery as an actual artistic statement beyond shock value (looking at Throbbing Gristle here, who used shock but also had something going on beneath the surface) who I’ve kept. There are others who I’m probably going to let go soon, some of the industrial stuff I’ve picked up throughout the years really should fuck off.

I just took every album I own and gave them to a thrift shop up the road. Along with almost everything else I owned.

I'm not even sure what was in there. I wasn't able to look, it was just "fuck, everything must go" (heh), but there was almost certainly some kiddie fiddlers in there.

Tangentially related, but I own a Consolidated t-shirt with a swastika on it that I almost wore on a flight to Germany about a million years ago. Boy would my face have been red.

Tangentially related, but I own a Consolidated t-shirt with a swastika on it that I almost wore on a flight to Germany about a million years ago. Boy would my face have been red.
there's a chap i know vaguely whose art project in college included him printing bomb making instructions on a shirt and wearing it on a return transatlantic flight to the states. in the early 2000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back