Can we have a guitar pedals thread? (2 Viewers)

I'd say, that things like these do a better job of capturing the original gear sounds:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And of course something like this just sounds a lot nicer:

I'm still in love with my echolution 2 though...

Ah yeah I have some builds of my own that do the original sounds better, as well as a real tape echo, but that one has so many extra options and a looper for about the price of any of those Catalinbread pedals separately.

I won't be buying one either way.

I'd say, that things like these do a better job of capturing the original gear sounds:

And of course something like this just sounds a lot nicer:

I'm still in love with my echolution 2 though...

Ah yeah I have some builds of my own that do the original sounds better, as well as a real tape echo, but that one has so many extra options and a looper for about the price of any of those Catalinbread pedals separately.

I highly doubt I'll buying one either way.

I highly doubt I'll buying one either way.

It's one of those things - is a looper part of your thing, then why not buy a proper one...? Really like tape echo sound? Why not get the best one out there?

Then again, if something sounds good enough, why not get a multi-fx unit?

I eventually sold my timeline because I found I didn't use most of the engines - or the looper - and the sounds I did use - analogue and tape sounds - weren't very good, relative to what they were trying to sound like.

It's all about finding a compromise you can live with. The sound quality of the TCE stuff is just too much of a compromise for me. But if other stuff was more important like the size, price, the looper -- then it's pretty cool!

M5 or similar would be the other option alright. As I've said twice now it wouldn't be for band use as I have those basses covered. Can't I just play with the idea of having one of these for home messing about or are you just gonna keep telling me I'm wrong?

M5 or similar would be the other option alright. As I've said twice now it wouldn't be for band use as I have those basses covered. Can't I just play with the idea of having one of these for home messing about or are you just gonna keep telling me I'm wrong?

:)

Sorry if it came across like that. I wasn't trying to say you were wrong at all.

Just chatting is all.

I have this thing - some sort of ailment I think - where my chatty posts online make people think I'm a dick.

It's all good but you were getting pushy on your opinion being the right one. :D

It's all good but you were getting pushy on your opinion being the right one. :D

I have yet to find a way to express my opinion without it eventually pissing someone off.

I never intend to. In person when I talk to people, it usually works out ok.

I am just prepared at this point to have to apologise and always try and be more clear.

Ah you certainly didn't piss me off or anything. Have you tried any of the (uni)vibes around these days? Or any interest in that kinda thing?

Ah you certainly didn't piss me off or anything. Have you tried any of the (uni)vibes around these days? Or any interest in that kinda thing?

I'm interested and have tried a few, like the déjàvibe and the Effectrode one, and a few others. I'd like a go on the new one that's just been released. Quite interesting! I always think a proper vibe needs a pedal to control it ;)

Any recommendations?

loads of the ones that range from 10-70 are identical with slightly different plastic stuff on the outside. i.e. my expression pedal for my line 6 thing is the same as 10eu one i got for my tremelo, with 2-3 more parts and a line 6 sticker. I don't know what a good one is.

That moog one seems to be very good value... but they don't seem to be in shops in Ireland...

Moog EP-3 - Thomann Ireland

114986.jpg

€42... so very affordable

I'm interested and have tried a few, like the déjàvibe and the Effectrode one, and a few others. I'd like a go on the new one that's just been released. Quite interesting! I always think a proper vibe needs a pedal to control it ;)

Any recommendations?

Don't really have any recommends, I've enjoyed the Dunlop rotosound in the wah case but am using a DIY one that's pretty close to the Dejavibe. Currently waiting on the DIY guys (madbean) to bring out their vibe pcb that works in a wah shell then I'll be all over that. Few people I know have been raving about the Oxfuzz OXVIBE.

OXVIBE

I had a voodoo labs microvibe, since sold. I bought it thinking it was the same as a rotary leslie effect. I have a line6 rotomachine it's okay. Seriously degrades your tone when on. Pity.

I had a voodoo labs microvibe, since sold. I bought it thinking it was the same as a rotary leslie effect. I have a line6 rotomachine it's okay. Seriously degrades your tone when on. Pity.

ah yes... quite different ;)

I just avoid line 6 stuff like the plague... I'm sure some of it's nice, but I'm not gonna wade through it all to find the gems...

Don't really have any recommends, I've enjoyed the Dunlop rotosound in the wah case but am using a DIY one that's pretty close to the Dejavibe. Currently waiting on the DIY guys (madbean) to bring out their vibe pcb that works in a wah shell then I'll be all over that. Few people I know have been raving about the Oxfuzz OXVIBE.

OXVIBE

I like any vibe that have a "throb" knob as that's kinda the whole point ;)

I'll check out some demos...

Someone did a great vibe comparison on youtube... hang on...

This is the one I used to have:

Lot's of folks like this one as well..

If I had the money it'd be the one I'd want I guess... though.. I don't really know vibes well enuogh to maybe really get the most out of them - Jimi Hendrix I am not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back