Can we have a guitar pedals thread? (2 Viewers)

I have it on good authority that they are the best delays in the world, only ones better are the older Moog delays. I had an Ibanez AD80 in for repair a while ago and must say it also lives up to the hype.

Deluxe Memory Man also has wet/dry outs. I'm sure lots of others do too, it's not too hard to implement.

I have it on good authority that they are the best delays in the world, only ones better are the older Moog delays. I had an Ibanez AD80 in for repair a while ago and must say it also lives up to the hype.

Some would say that things like the TES or the Echoczar are "better".

I think the Pigtronix - which can sound damn close to a TES - is at the nexus of sound quality and functionality.

Bought this on Sunday.
The analoguey trails are lovely and the looper is pretty nice too. Has a midi in and thru port which I always imagined looper pedals should have.

Loving it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403097563.956583.jpg

Bought this on Sunday.
The analoguey trails are lovely and the looper is pretty nice too. Has a midi in and thru port which I always imagined looper pedals should have.

Loving it
View attachment 8763

It always annoyed me that I couldn't sync the DL4 up with an MPC. Seemed an obvious funtion to have on that pedal. Been lookingat those TC yokes actually. it's 9v, right?

It always annoyed me that I couldn't sync the DL4 up with an MPC. Seemed an obvious funtion to have on that pedal. Been lookingat those TC yokes actually. it's 9v, right?

It takes a 9v PSU, no battery compartment. It's 300mA but it seems to be running off a 200mA PSU with no issues so far

There's a newer version, the Alter Ego x4, which to me sounds a lot nicer, though still not amazing... but for the money it's a pretty sweet deal...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check out this mad thing...maybe it should be in the "wacky" thread

Authentic organ sounds from your guitar

Check out this mad thing...maybe it should be in the "wacky" thread

Authentic organ sounds from your guitar

That demo is pretty cool... I'd think it would be even better in a band context... as on it's own it sometimes sounds a tiny bit dodgy...

Still I'd rather have a microsynth...

I'd sooner have a guitar that sounds like a guitar, but it's a clever thing

I think that - these days - lots of guitarists are being asked to cover a lot more range in gigs... if you know what I mean... so something like this means they can do that a bit more easily... and not have to have one of those atrocious midi guitar setups...

plus if you mix this with delay and overdrive and other fx it'll just be a new sound to write with, etc.

All true. It'd be great for a showband /cover band

I have a mate who has all sorts of digital trickery. He was showing me some of the stuff. "Look this is Radiohead...this is The Beatles..This is The Police etc etc" all very well done but apart from playing cover versions at weddings what's the point?
I guess by finding out how these guys made their sounds you can learn and add to your own repertoire but apart from that we are in showband country

I like that Vintage Flashback. It's now on the wish list even if I'd have little use for it.

B9 looks like it's based around the POG tech with more eqing to get it closer to an organ. I'll stick with my Sitar pedal for the non guitar type sounds.

Edit: and then I heard 99 tears, damn.

All true. It'd be great for a showband /cover band

I have a mate who has all sorts of digital trickery. He was showing me some of the stuff. "Look this is Radiohead...this is The Beatles..This is The Police etc etc" all very well done but apart from playing cover versions at weddings what's the point?
I guess by finding out how these guys made their sounds you can learn and add to your own repertoire but apart from that we are in showband country

well... I think there's kinda two points that aren't about covers:

- many bands record stuff in the studio and then struggle to recreate it; essentially covering their own songs live - tools like this can potentially help them

- if you write with this, then it's just another way to play the guitar, another bunch of sounds, a new filter, etc. I often am - uninspired - by the guitar, and write on keyboards or bass, or whatever is at hand; a tool like this might help me reconnect in that situation

I get ya. I have no interest in this myself but I can see how it could be useful for proper musicians

We used to have a rule in one of my old bands that if you couldn't play it live it doesn't get recorded. So no overdubbing solos, no back up guitar tracks etc

punk rock you see

I like that Vintage Flashback. It's now on the wish list even if I'd have little use for it.

B9 looks like it's based around the POG tech with more eqing to get it closer to an organ. I'll stick with my Sitar pedal for the non guitar type sounds.

I'd say, that things like these do a better job of capturing the original gear sounds:

And of course something like this just sounds a lot nicer:

I'm still in love with my echolution 2 though...

I get ya. I have no interest in this myself but I can see how it could be useful for proper musicians

We used to have a rule in one of my old bands that if you couldn't play it live it doesn't get recorded. So no overdubbing solos, no back up guitar tracks etc

punk rock you see

I hear ya... I was in a touring punk band for years and recording an album was a 1-2 day process ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back