Can we have a guitar pedals thread? (1 Viewer)

I got my Echolution 2 today and wow. For sound quality and creativity it crushes the Timeline.

A bit ... Idiosyncratic .. But fuck it, so am I.

Love it.

Fuzz and any octave pedals, or octave fuzz, are so picky about buffers., etc., that I never even attempt to run anything into them anymore. I used to have a D*A*M fuzz that basically just crapped out if you put it anywhere except first. Such a pain.

Certain fuzzes especially Germanium can act up but there's so many that you get great results with. I wouldn't write it off so generally.

Certain fuzzes especially Germanium can act up but there's so many that you get great results with. I wouldn't write it off so generally.

Ah I've had tonnes of fuzzes and never had any luck with them anywhere but first in the chain. But I'm not really a fuzz guy anyway. :)

Day 2 of the Pigtronix Echolution 2. Wow.

You can turn off the delay line which let's you use the filters without any repeats. You can also kill the dry signal.

What this all means is that you can basically use it as a modulation pedal.

You can also add the "halo" function (cascading octaves) on top of this.

So I had a sweeping filter with reversed octaves on top.

How fucking cool.

And it's a delay pedal.

Some decent demos of the new Maxon fuzz pedals. They're interestIng.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So fellow nerds, I am about to play my first gig with the Pigtronix Echolution 2... Been rehearsing like mad and I gotta say... It kills. Much better in sound quality and lots of other way than my old timeline. Seriously - it's badass.

Currently gassing for one of new Bogner/Neve pedals.

A demo of one my pedals. The Grouch. Spent the last few years playing with the Rat circuit and ended up here. Works solid for both guitar and bass so does all your down tuned doom excellently.

My Caribou Compressor:

What's a good clean boost or overdrive pedal that will add extra gain on a drive channel but won't alter the eq?

What's a good clean boost or overdrive pedal that will add extra gain on a drive channel but won't alter the eq?

Thanks pretty much what the Klon is supposed to do. I've a Jimmy Behans built Klone you're more then welcome to grab ago of for a while.

Some people use volume pedals, other use EQ pedals, others still things like a Klon/Klone, or a Timmy - or a dedicated volume boost pedal.

My favourite variant was a Strymon OB.1 compressor, which had a completely unmolested 20db (max) seperate boost function.

Brilliant compressor and volume boost in one small box.

I do a completely flat boost pedal. It's what does the clean side of that Compressor above. 0-22dB of boost.

My Overdrive also does clean through to distortion and has eq that you can tune to flat.

This lad arrived in the post this morning. Hilarious fun.

10440829_10152056350586741_732257693297447223_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back