Can we have a guitar pedals thread? (1 Viewer)

stopped using pedals except for some distortion ones. I just plug into my computer now and use Reaktor, some of the stuff and that is unbelievable good. Although i haven't played live in ages so it's a lot more convenient

Lots of pedal discussion in this thread: Show us yer pedalboard | thumped.com

I presume I'm still using whatever is on there bar switching the Phaser for a Moonraker (my Phaser and Trem 2in1) and adding in one of my Grouches (modded Rat) but the collection keeps growing, here's most of the stuff that I didn't build myself.

10270665_10151996491126741_1991220352282349496_n.jpg

Lots of pedal discussion in this thread: Show us yer pedalboard | thumped.com

I presume I'm still using whatever is on there bar switching the Phaser for a Moonraker (my Phaser and Trem 2in1) and adding in one of my Grouches (modded Rat) but the collection keeps growing, here's most of the stuff that I didn't build myself.

10270665_10151996491126741_1991220352282349496_n.jpg

Hey man :)

I just thought it'd be fun to have a kinda endless discussion about not just our boards, but other pedal related stuff as well.

Like, have you guys seen the new Bogner stuff?

These are intriguing - especially the Lyndhurst!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pedals with Rupert's signature on them. Wild.

Did a gear inventory including pedals recently. Am slightly ashamed.

Pedals:
Boss TU2 (x2)
Korg Pitchblack Poly
Zvex Lofi Loop Junky
Line 6 DL4
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD3
Moose Delay (do you have a name for this one @moose?)
Mr. Black Delux Plus
EH Micro POG
Line 6 Rotomachine
Moose Moonraker
Pigtronix Philosophers Tone
Boss CS3
Rothwell Love Squeeze
Zvex Super Hard-On
Zvex Super Duper 2in1
Jimmy Behan Klone

Crowther Hot Cake
Proco Vintage Rat
Marshall Guv'nor II

Moose Dobsky Fuzz
Jimmy Behan Brassmaster
Jimmy Behan Buzzaround
EH Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker

Zvex Box Of Metal
Zvex Octane 3
Mr Crybaby Super Wah/Vol
MXR M80 Bass DI+

The ones in bold are not on pedal boards or in general use. Have them at home for pricking around. Yeah yeah yeah, it's way too many.

Did a gear inventory including pedals recently. Am slightly ashamed.

Pedals:
Boss TU2 (x2)
Korg Pitchblack Poly
Zvex Lofi Loop Junky
Line 6 DL4
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD3
Moose Delay (do you have a name for this one @moose?)
Mr. Black Delux Plus
EH Micro POG
Line 6 Rotomachine
Moose Moonraker
Pigtronix Philosophers Tone
Boss CS3
Rothwell Love Squeeze
Zvex Super Hard-On
Zvex Super Duper 2in1
Jimmy Behan Klone

Crowther Hot Cake
Proco Vintage Rat
Marshall Guv'nor II

Moose Dobsky Fuzz
Jimmy Behan Brassmaster
Jimmy Behan Buzzaround
EH Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker

Zvex Box Of Metal
Zvex Octane 3
Mr Crybaby Super Wah/Vol
MXR M80 Bass DI+

The ones in bold are not on pedal boards or in general use. Have them at home for pricking around. Yeah yeah yeah, it's way too many.

I can't get with the whole ZVEX thing and I have tried... the only one I'd even consider trying at this point is that lofi junky thing, but even that... not so sure I'd use...

So you have three tuners on your board?

I can't get with the whole ZVEX thing and I have tried... the only one I'd even consider trying at this point is that lofi junky thing, but even that... not so sure I'd use...

So you have three tuners on your board?

Yes. I mean who doesn't? ;) (3 bands/boards, 3 tuners)

Yeah, I've owned and got rid of a few Zvex pedals. Practical application has always been a factor when I;ve sold one (Fuzz Factory, Machine) The SHO, for such a simple circuit, is amazing. I've played several SHO clones and the just don't capture the sparkle my one provides. Best boost ever. I've owned it since 2004 and changed the battery twice. The Super Duper was available at a good price so I hopped on it. Zvex gets a lot for stick for the cost of his pedals, but how many 'boutique' pedal builders are building TS9 and DOD250 clones and trying to get €2/300 for them? Plenty. At least he's innovating (Sonar, Inventobox, lo-fis, Seeks).

You seen that new Neve-strip-in-a-pedal that JHS make? Sounds amazing but at $400? PASS!!!

Yeah, I've owned and got rid of a few Zvex pedals. Practical application has always been a factor when I;ve sold one (Fuzz Factory, Machine) The SHO, for such a simple circuit, is amazing. I've played several SHO clones and the just don't capture the sparkle my one provides. Best boost ever. I've owned it since 2004 and changed the battery twice. The Super Duper was available at a good price so I hopped on it. Zvex gets a lot for stick for the cost of his pedals, but how many 'boutique' pedal builders are building TS9 and DOD250 clones and trying to get €2/300 for them? Plenty. At least he's innovating (Sonar, Inventobox, lo-fis, Seeks).

You seen that new Neve-strip-in-a-pedal that JHS make? Sounds amazing but at $400? PASS!!!

My issue with ZVEX was never cost. I just can't ever get on with his dirt/fuzz and have no need for things like a seek-wah.

I must try a SHO at some point.

Saying that, I'm so happy with my gain sounds now it's gonna take a lot to tempt me. ;)

JHS stuff is all straight copies of other people's pedals. Must find out what it is. I think the SHO was once compared to a Neve in a box...

I've never tried an OG super hard on but love my copies of it, bit glassy on bass but amazing on guitar. Be cool to compare mine with the OG sometime and see what that difference is.

That delay is an Echo Base, not my design or anything but a cool build.

Could you make one of these Moose? 300 quid is way more than I'd ever spend on a pedal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd be charging about 300 for all that in a pedal. I have made some nice Univibe clones and do a few different tremolo builds for a bunch less money.

Cheers, I have a nice tremolo but might look into a vibrato at some point--also I WILL call over and get that stuff off you this year at some point

Anyone any tips for stacking overdrives / distortion pedals.

Overdrive going into Distortion or the other way around?

Anyone any tips for stacking overdrives / distortion pedals.

Overdrive going into Distortion or the other way around?

It all depends on the pedals. The only thing to do is try every combination and see what works. On top of that both might sound good, just different ... So that's then down to taste and purpose.

Also, some pedals just don't stack very well and others have to be set in sort of odd ways to stack, making them useful only in a stack, not on their own.

Experiment and decide what works.

Also, try stacking compressors and clean boosts into drive/gain pedals. Sometimes that can really have surprising results!

I really like parallel clean and compression into fuzzes on guitar and drive into fuzz on bass. Also a fan of a nice boost last in chain on a guitar to keep the amp working hard.

I really like parallel clean and compression into fuzzes on guitar and drive into fuzz on bass. Also a fan of a nice boost last in chain on a guitar to keep the amp working hard.

Fuzz and any octave pedals, or octave fuzz, are so picky about buffers., etc., that I never even attempt to run anything into them anymore. I used to have a D*A*M fuzz that basically just crapped out if you put it anywhere except first. Such a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back