Can a decent Smartphone replace my PC? (1 Viewer)

FairFuks

Banned
Listen folks, I'm going to get a HTC One M7 smartphone as a treat to myself this Crimbo. Its a deadly phone and was voted best smartphone in 2013 until it was replaced by..you guessed it..the HTC One M8.

Look I have a pain in my bollix paying bills and was thinking of scrapping my jaded laaptop which is on its last legs anyway. Only thing is, will I be able to download movies and shit with it/? Will I need a ton of apps and will it take bleedin' ages to download say a 1.1 GB file? I wanna be able to watch my footie as well so will I be able to do all that with this yoke?

Listen, I appreciate you looking a my thread and if you have any advice I will be ver grateful. Listen, just one more thing what deal would you recommend I go for..someone said that Three do a good 'un.

Look, thanks again.

I signed up for Three last week. They have unlimited data for cheap enough (30/40 lids a month). Their general mobile coverage for calls and texts seems shite though. I've never had full bars anywhere (including the center of town).

It can't replace your PC. The batteries don't last long enough. Plus, typing is a pain in the hole.

I'm downloading a 6GB file right now onto mine. Doing it over wifi though. Will let you know how it goes.

• Banned
Thanks people, I will be popping in now and again to see what the other folk have to say. I know HTC has a media adapter where you can run the android desktop on to the telly etc. have to do a wee bit more research into it.

As your main unit a phone will run into problems eventually, you won't be able to download anything easily and as the others have said typings a pain.

I signed up for Three last week. They have unlimited data for cheap enough (30/40 lids a month). Their general mobile coverage for calls and texts seems shite though. I've never had full bars anywhere (including the center of town).

I had the Three 20 quid unlimited data package for ages, utter rubbish signal down at my parents who live just outside Limerick city. It's even crap here in the middle of Dublin sometimes.

Depends what you do on the computer.
While mine was getting fixed I coped with the phone for email and web stuff just fine but I couldn't do any work

Listen folks, I'm going to get a HTC One M7 smartphone as a treat to myself this Crimbo. Its a deadly phone and was voted best smartphone in 2013 until it was replaced by..you guessed it..the HTC One M8.

Look I have a pain in my bollix paying bills and was thinking of scrapping my jaded laaptop which is on its last legs anyway. Only thing is, will I be able to download movies and shit with it/? Will I need a ton of apps and will it take bleedin' ages to download say a 1.1 GB file? I wanna be able to watch my footie as well so will I be able to do all that with this yoke?

Listen, I appreciate you looking a my thread and if you have any advice I will be ver grateful. Listen, just one more thing what deal would you recommend I go for..someone said that Three do a good 'un.

Look, thanks again.

Did you type this on a phone or a laptop?

Booooooooommm! Got meself a brand new lg g2 32gb smartphone..yeah. Me texting on phones keypad fuck yeah.. no need for key board
ywah yippety yesh ywah yeah and phone only cost me 260 eur woo hoo..thats about 150 less than carphone warehouse...yep. har har har

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back