cambodia (1 Viewer)

Aye but tis the parents holiday so they want to go to phuket and phi phi, all their mates loved it etc etc. I've the week in phuket booked, going to see if i can convince them to go to lanta instead of phi phi. Would love to go to railay but there's no way the mother would go on a long tail. Still, they're paying so who am i to argue.

^ya, the thai smile doesn't last very long when they get pissed off. you get used to the tension here after a while....seems there are always power plays working under the surface in the political scene.

when the king croaks the country is gonna be rightly fuct. i think it would be best to leave the country all together for a month or so after that happens coz the amount of arse-kissing and fawning over his photo is gonna be unbearable

glad your folks got through. they were lucky! one more day and all their plans would have been completely screwed

True that. They've closed the other airport now, and our flight to phuket is cancelled, which is great in a way, but instead we're going spending a night in...... Pattaya! Woo woo *cough*. Hopefully get them to move down to ko chang the night after and sit and wait until some way of getting south presents itself. Ah the joys....

Also - what's the stuff they're showing on telly like at home? Some footage makes it look like bangkok is the new beirut! Getting a lot of worried emails and texts from family members, all asking about the folks of course. I'M FINE BY THE WAY.

ya, i think the brit/irish channels are showing the shootings and motorcycle bashing. makes the viewers think the whole country is like a nicer version of troubles time Belfast

the indian bombings have taken away some coverage so maybe the PAD will do some other crazy shit like expel all us big nosed whitey feckers

So I'm moving to Cambodia (specifically, Phnom Penh). Never woulda thunk it when I started this thread. Having SE Asia right there will be nice, methinks :)

Newspaper job. I'm equal parts anxious/excited. Though as much as I love Asia, I'm really not looking forward to confronting my nemeses again (cockroaches).

Good luck with it La La .... sounds like an amazing opportunity. Except for the cockroaches that is ....

Wow, just read this whole thread as I'm heading over that part of the world around Christmas time. Anybody any more recent advice to add? Did La La go there indefinitely?

So 'm in Cambodia with the obvious stuff done. Anybody have recommendations for stuff to do between Phnom Penh and Laos? Also don't have enough Malaria tabs to cover our entire stay in Laos, are we playing with fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back