cambodia (1 Viewer)

There are plenty of decent places on Soi Rambuttri (about 200 metres from the Khao San) The whole Khao San area is going up in price so it'd be hard to get a crappy mattress on the floor style job for 100 baht anymore

Aye, four sons is out that way, everywhere in khao san is gone way up, even the food/drink is way more expensive than Rambuttri.

Anyways, in sukothai, headed for phitsanoulok tonight to see yon floating restaraunts and get the train south. Anyone been to lopburi? Worth more than a night to see the monkeys? Is ayutthaya worth seeing if you've been to sukothai? And is Sangkhlaburi worth the trip out from kanchanaburi? Slightly concerned cos we don't have any malaria tablets.

rsj.

seems there's money to be made in old ozzers - you went around the world, lived there for a while, and made enough money to go off to the US and asia again before going back to oz.

i made a wrong turn somewhere :(

Anyways, in sukothai, headed for phitsanoulok tonight to see yon floating restaraunts and get the train south. Anyone been to lopburi? Worth more than a night to see the monkeys? Is ayutthaya worth seeing if you've been to sukothai? And is Sangkhlaburi worth the trip out from kanchanaburi? Slightly concerned cos we don't have any malaria tablets.

phitsanoulok is a nice spot. not a hell of a lot to do mind you...we were a couple of weeks back. had a nice dinner on the river bank.

wouldn't bother with lopburi at all. the monkeys are annoying little fuckers who'll steal everything you have.

ayutthaya is a very nice spot. some would say it's nicer than sukhothai. the river cruises are deadly at night when the temples are all lit up along the river.

sangklaburi is defo worth the trip. the road from kanchanaburi to there is spectacular albeit very hilly. sangklaburi is a well chilled little town with the longest wooden bridge in thailand connecting it to an ethnic village where you cna buy knick knacks to show the friends back home. also the burmese border (three pagodas pass) is very close to sang and you can go over for a day trip to the burmese village for $5

Just back online now. Phitsanoulok was pants, though the dinner on the riverbank was some of the best food i've had in ages, and only 100b. But NOTHING to do in that town, though i heard there's rafting out the road somewhere. Lopburi - same story. Took us a bloody age to get food and the place was just another thai city. In Kanchanaburi now, it's bloody raining but it's nice to be down by the river with some mountain views, all the cities were getting me down. Time for kayaking and tiger temples. Sweet.

Sangklaburi - we're going to see how it goes here, we have until about monday before we have to be back in bangkok. Crossing the fingers though, heard loads of great things about it in the last few days.

^you should rent a car and drive up there.

it's much more fun if you potter along on your own steam

you won't need the license. they usually look for a passport

i hired a ford ranger pick-up the last time i was down on ko lanta. about 1300baht a day.

the thai drivers are a bit cracked but as long as you keep yer wits about you and try to avoid driving at night you'll be grand. the thais believe that buddha protects them when there driving so you'll frequently get lads overtaking on blind bends and hills. completely normal here

still. it's better to die at your own wheel than at that of some yabba fiend in a shitty minibus ;)

Kanchanabruri is a nice spot.

Jan that owns that Irish bar on the river road is nice and she made a lovely stew for us. Get a bike and drive the 65 or so km's to Erawan waterfalls because it's well worth it....the place feels magical.

I decided to give the tiger temple a miss because I concluded that they must be all out of the head on tiger xanax or something similar as the selling point seemed to be pictures of tourists sitting beside them........that's not natural.

Get a bike and drive the 65 or so km's to Erawan waterfalls because it's well worth it....the place feels magical.
Did this today. Nice spot, got up about five levels and called it in. Pity so many falang can't get it through the head that thais don't want to see them walking around in bikini/swimming shorts/thongs. It's in the lonely planet and all, you'd think it's place in the bible would make it gospel. Nice bit of countryside there and back too. Going to have to give Sangklaburi and hellfire pass a miss this time too, ran outta time. Daaaaaaaamn.

The folks are coming to see me tomorrow (haven't been home in over a year) so we're in bangkok for a few days, then a week in phuket, then a week somewhere else (possibly phi phi, possibly lanta), then probably off to laos for a few weeks.

^Lanta is a great spot. very chilled and nowhere near as developed as places like Phuket and Phi Phi.

I wouldn't bother with Phuket at all to be honest....i think Krabi is far better. You can get a ferry from there to Lanta.

Spent a day on Phi Phi last year....akin to a bloody human cattle mart with all the tourists lining the beach like locusts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back